We need our own Robin Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need our own Robin Miller

I have read many posts here over the last year. Many have been on what the latest slam Robin Miller has said about IRL. I know many of you hate him. I don't really know enougfh about him to have that same level of distast. But One thing I do know is how much free advertising he gets for CART on places like this just by saying something stupid.
    We need our version of a loose cannon. to push the IRL! Not someone officailly connected but heck pay him or her to rant. We need the controversy. Look how much ink and video a good little Cheever vs Rookie fight gets. Sure some roll their eyes at this stuff. But, it fuels the sport as much as sponsorship money does. We love controversy and rivilry in our sports because in the end it really doesn't mean much. We can safely get all worked up about something is is just fun.

He spews enough B.S. and hatred for both sides.

I prefer we take the high road.
    Ape Man

Comment

I would prefer to take the high road.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler:
        <STRONG>I would prefer to take the high road.</STRONG>
        Holy cow, 2wheels. Talk about being on the same wavelength!!
        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

I'll do it. I've only worked up a small network of "insiders," but I think I know the sport. The problem is I'd be fair to CART.
          "It's an honor to wear the IRL patch,'' Two-time Indy 500 champion Helio Castroneves.

Comment

I think his name is spelled "Jack Arute"

Comment

Robin Miller and his kind do more bad then good.

It doesn't matter if it is in the name of religion, politics, etc.

Bad is never good, no matter if it fits your agenda or not.

Comment

One RM is ENOUGH!!!
                Let's take the high road, as we've consistently done.
                Sorry You CARTisans don't care for Jack Arute. I guess he tries too hard to be fair.
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

"Jack Arute" and "fair" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

The same can be said of Bruce Martin, Gordon Kirby, David Phillips...

Lewis Franck's pretty fair, though.
                  http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Give me the job. I can rant. God, I can rant. You have people out there saying that Tony George ruined OW racing and it is just a blatant lie. Someone needs to get out there saying the truth. The truth is that CART ruined it for everyone. Look at them swirling down the bowl now. That is the proof of who was dragging the sport down.
                    If Tony George has destroyed OW racing, why is the IRL jumping from strength to strength while CART jumps from crisis to crisis? And if anyone wants to insist that Tony George has anything to do with CART's problems, then he is so smart and so powerful that it is best for everyone that he is in charge.

And Robin Miller? ABC/ESPN is going to take care of that little problem when they see how much damage he is doing to a series they are investing so much in. He's already toned down the rehtoric a notch, but I think you can expect a kinder, gentler Robin Miller if he wants to keep his job.

But after proof-reading my post I've had a small change of heart and think that it is best to take the high road that Tony has always paved for us. But we do need an advocate for the IRL. Maybe ABC needs to get Jason Priestly out there. I know that will get some resistance, but I like the guy. I think any of us could go to a race with him and have a heck of a great time with him. I think he is popular, personable and good-looking enough to sway alot of people.

I also think that Jason's approach would draw alot more positive attention than the kind of "never turn a wheel" negativity that comes from some unnamed factions.

But we DO need someone. Is Tony listening?

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: Dr. Austin ]
                    I'm dead now.

Comment

I disagree, wrnch, I think old Jack tries to be as fair as he can be. At least I agree with most of his rantings.
                      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I vote for Dr. Austin; I can clearly picture him hyperventilating as he types his posts!!
                        "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

It would liven up the CART board a little and make Railbird's job more interesting...

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

I vote for the high road.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                            "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy:
                              <STRONG>I disagree, wrnch, I think old Jack tries to be as fair as he can be. At least I agree with most of his rantings.</STRONG>
                              Jack's practically on the IRL till.

Think about it - Arute loudly blows off ABC to go with the IRL during the '99 IRL season, then finds the IRL back with ABC.

Think he just called up ABC and said "Hey, can I have my old job back?"

Of course not.

If you think he's bad in print, you should meet him in person.
                              http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X