DeFerran rips a 178!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeFerran rips a 178!

Wow! Grabbed the best time of the day by 2mph.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

And Giaffone just moved into second place.

Ricky Treadway is getting some seat time.

Speeds seem to be picking up as the track warms up.

Let's see if the Infinity's have an answer to Gil.

Comment

Oh, yes, we do thank you so much for pointing that out railbird. Where would we be without someone constantly reminding us that USAC drivers are totally inept in Indy Cars?

So what's this no. 9 car with Carlson in it? He's not on the entry list.
      While danger ought never to be needlessly incurred, it is yet true that the keenest zest in sport comes from its presence, and from the consequent exercise of the qualities necessary to overcome it. --Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird:
        <STRONG>Watch for Helio to make a big jump.

de Ferran
        Giaffone
        Hornish
        Castroneves
        Scheckter
        Cheever
        Lazier
        Sharp
        Lazier
        Buhl

Not many Rossberg wins in that list</STRONG>
        Are you referring to Rossburg, Ohio?

And yes, that is a shame.

Comment

Glad we got that cleared up.

"If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Looks like Helium CastroNeutron bumped it up a bit- now in 2nd place. Did Roger get his new motors? Looks like he's got a little extra HP or they've done some slight aero modifications.

Comment

I think Roger has nailed the setup. He probably still has his Phoenix data from last year.

(Scary thought: isn't Roger still running last year's Olds?)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfboy:
                <STRONG>Looks like Helium CastroNeutron bumped it up a bit- now in 2nd place. Did Roger get his new motors? Looks like he's got a little extra HP or they've done some slight aero modifications.</STRONG>
                Nope - status quo. The IRL will be the same place by the end of 2002.

Comment

Right as rain, Railbird
                  "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

I would only be shocked if Helio and Gil weren't running well, wouldn't you?

This is going to be a great year of racing, prepare to sit back, take it all in and enjoy!

Comment

The difference in speeds is much more here than Fontana, as the set up is much more important.

Let's see what the PM session brings.

Comment

Rail,

you can be accurate and not a smartass. isn't that the meaning of the "way you say it" motto.
                        ne need to mention "Rossburg."

Comment

If you are pro-IRL and anti-CART(which I am not) then Gil and Helio are all of our boys.
                          IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I don't give a **** where they came from. They are now IRL drivers. The smart ones have left a series that will soon be, finally and mercifully, buried. The sooner the better.

Let's deal with that and move on. Life is too short, particularly for us older fellers.

This IRL season is shaping up to be fantastic!

Comment

Not to defend 'Bird here, but...

He's refering to road-racers vs. Sprigets, not IRL vs. CART. So guys like Hornish, Sharp, and Lazier are "his" guys.

Which wasn't the problem, of course, 'cause Bird knows that I'm as big a fan of the road guys as he is. The problem was a CART Moderator inserting an irrelevant, self-congratulatory remark into an otherwise fine discussion just to rub it in to those USACers here.

Now 'Bird, my feathered friend: the afternoon session is going green right now. If you'd like to pontificate about the transcendant nature of road racing skills, couldja start your own thread please?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X