Question about Cheever's second car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Cheever's second car?

Is either AUJ or Rice or anyone else scheduled to practice in Cheevers car? Am I jumping the gun thinking that Scheckter is going to get the ride? He sure seems impressive speed wise at least.
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Good question.

Myself, I find it hard to believe that Buddy Rice can't do as well as Tomas.

But without giving him that shot, who knows?
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Rice has allegedly already been tested and is not scheduled to run. According to Cheever, it's not necessary to test AUJ, everyone knows how good he is. He proceeded to make comments like "But we have to consider what our sponsor would think is best for the long-term goals...", which would suggest that AUJ is already out of the running.

So I think Scheckter it is.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
      "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

C'mon. It's whoever Tom Walkinshaw says it is. This has been obvious ever since Tom Announced who Eddie's sponsor would be this year.

Tom say how well it worked for Williams to sequester Montoya a couple of years in CART. He's going to do it with Tomas.

Who would have ever thought that the IRL would become a home for drivers on their way to F-1. The IRL just keeps growing.
        Sifaka

Comment

Scheckter earning it as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by sifaka:
            <STRONG>Tom say how well it worked for Williams to sequester Montoya a couple of years in CART. He's going to do it with Tomas.

Who would have ever thought that the IRL would become a home for drivers on their way to F-1. The IRL just keeps growing.</STRONG>
            Those two situations have nothing in common.

If he wanted Tomas to get ready for F1, he'd be in CART - or testing for Arrows. He's be turning right on occasion.

Sif, that's the weakest line of thought I've ever seen from you.

Maybe he has no future in F1, and he's come to America to start anew?
            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch:
              <STRONG>
              If he wanted Tomas to get ready for F1, he'd be in CART - or testing for Arrows. He's be turning right on occasion.</STRONG>
              Could be, but then Tom doesn't control a CART team does he?
              <STRONG>
              Sif, that's the weakest line of thought I've ever seen from you. </STRONG>
              Why thank you. I always aim for the best in everything I do.

Maybe he has no future in F1, and he's come to America to start anew?[/QB][/QUOTE]
              Sifaka

Comment

Eddie had been saying for months that he is going to run Buddy Rice at the TitW. If he doesn't run him at Phoenix, then Buddy is clearly out of the running for the seat.

Has anyone considered that Red Bull might think Scheckter is the best prospect not because he might someday get drafted for the F1 team, but because he's the son of an F1 champ whose career will be followed with interest around the world?

I think Tomas has the seat just about sewn up. Look for Little Al in the 3rd Cheever car at Indy.
                Quit whining. Enjoy the racing.

Comment

Tomas Scheckter has the ride and from what I saw at Fontana and am seeing from Phoenix, he is the best choice!

Sif, I can tell you from the press conference at Fontana that Cheever is still in control of HIS team, Walkinshaw isn't pulling the strings, and Cheever doesn't even deal with him, he deals with his son. Of course, when has a simple fact swayed your opinion? Even IF you were right, what would it matter? What I saw at Fontana was every indication of a well funned team with every bit and piece that it needs available to them. TS is the real deal, he will win in the IRL and do it soon!

Comment

Originally posted by tom91:
                    <STRONG>Eddie had been saying for months that he is going to run Buddy Rice at the TitW. If he doesn't run him at Phoenix, then Buddy is clearly out of the running for the seat.

Has anyone considered that Red Bull might think Scheckter is the best prospect not because he might someday get drafted for the F1 team, but because he's the son of an F1 champ whose career will be followed with interest around the world?

I think Tomas has the seat just about sewn up. Look for Little Al in the 3rd Cheever car at Indy.</STRONG>
                    So Eddie said that he was gonna test Rice in the West?
                    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X