tomas faster than eddie -- again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomas faster than eddie -- again

didn't anyone tell him you're not supposed to beat the boss?

on another note, isn't that blair team mighty impressive?

Originally posted by 2fast4u:
    <STRONG>didn't anyone tell him you're not supposed to beat the boss?</STRONG>
    Eddie: "Tomas, got a second?"

Tomas: "Sure, Mr. Cheever."

Eddie: "Have you ever heard of the term 'sandbagging'?"

Tomas: "Doesn't ring a bell. Filling bags with sand?"

Eddie: "Let me explain how this is supposed to work . . ."

Comment

Hee hee hee....

No doubt!

But... I think this just proves out how good Tomas is! I mean the speeds at Fontana could have been from drafting, but Phoenix is a tricky little track, that's more driver than car!

Comment

get used to it, it will happen often. Before the day is out he will be faster then most, or he may meet his first IRL wall. That doesn't mean I feel he is dangerous either. Sometimes you don't know how fast you can go until you go too fast. It was one thing to haul *** at Fontana, Phoenix is another matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
          <STRONG>get used to it, it will happen often. Before the day is out he will be faster then most, or he may meet his first IRL wall. That doesn't mean I feel he is dangerous either. Sometimes you don't know how fast you can go until you go too fast. It was one thing to haul *** at Fontana, Phoenix is another matter!</STRONG>

Yeah, they take people out of that place on stretchers!

Comment

"It was Phoenix in the morning; I had a wake up call.

She went `round without a warning and put me in the wall.

I drove Long Beach, California with three cracked vertebrae.

Then it was on to Indianapolis, Indiana in May."

-- Mark Knopfler
            While danger ought never to be needlessly incurred, it is yet true that the keenest zest in sport comes from its presence, and from the consequent exercise of the qualities necessary to overcome it. --Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

That story sounds familiar, Kart29. Except, I don't recall Buddy Lazier racing at Long Beach....
              "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

"Speedway at Nazareth" and George Harrison's "Faster" are the two finest racing songs I've ever heard.

Though I do appreciate "Eastbound and Down" for what it is.
                http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Remember those famous racing words, "They don't pay for winning practice."
                  "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                  "They're criminals"
                  "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

I like Dire Straights, but Speedway at Nazereth may be the worst song I ever heard.
                    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X