Go Daddy hits new low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Daddy hits new low

I'll admit I'm sensitive to this subject. I have an aspiring young female racer who's in the early stages of her career racing karts.

Today Go Daddy - Danica's sponsor - launched a new ad. The theme is great - Danica inspires another young girl to excel in kart racing.

The way they go about it is pathetic. They show a clip of the little girl "racing against the boys". They show the little girl intentionally driving hard into the side of a boy's kart knocking him off the track and into the dirt. As a result she wins the race and her hero Danica presents her with the checkered flag.

What kind of message is that for kids? Drive another competitor off the road to win? First - if that ever did happen in a real kart race the driver would immediately be disqualified from competition. If it was as flagrant as it is in the ad - they would probably be banned from competition altogether.

From the motor on the kart - these are TAG cadet karts. They're driven by children from 8 to 12 years of age and can reach speed of 50 mph. Just like Indycars - these are open wheel karts. Touching at high speed can have very bad results.

Next - the kids are all racing with open-faced helmets. WKA rules require SNELL approved full-face with rib vests and chest protectors. None of which are visible.

Go Daddy (and Danica who appears in the ad - therefore can be held accountable for endorsing its content) could have scored big with the inspirational message. Instead - they foolishly depict unsafe and unsportsmanlike behavior as a means to win at any cost. With any brains they'll yank the ad and re-tool it.

Haven't you seen those stupid "Warren Wallace" ads?
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by AR

The way they go about it is pathetic. They show a clip of the little girl "racing against the boys". They show the little girl intentionally driving hard into the side of a boy's kart knocking him off the track and into the dirt. As a result she wins the race and her hero Danica presents her with the checkered flag.
      [/color]

Future NASCAR "Star"

Comment

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME STUFF THEY SHOW ON TV IS OF DUBIOUS SAFETY AND ETHICS?!?!

My world has been shaken to the core.

Poor racing manners is not "a new low" for a company that routinely objectifies women. THAT is their low point.
        "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Future NASCAR "Star"
          Danica?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury
            Haven't you seen those stupid "Warren Wallace" ads?
            I've never wanted to smack a kid like I do that child. uggghhh, I'm gettin angry just thinking about that kid.

Comment

Not going to argue with your post, other than to say I've seen this ad for weeks.

Comment

The choice of helmets was due to them wanting to see a face at the end of the race, not a knob where the head should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                  I've never wanted to smack a kid like I do that child. uggghhh, I'm gettin angry just thinking about that kid.
                  I actually love that kid..

now everyone.. take a deep breath................

shh... it's just a commercial...

Comment

LUF
                    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Ah, the depths to which P & M can reach.
                      Dale Manus

Comment

Originally posted by AR
                        [color=black]
                        What kind of message is that for kids? Drive another competitor off the road to win?
                        Worked for Schumacher.
                        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Yet you missed the point of the ad.

It's not about racing, it's about using Go Daddy's product to communicate content.

Comment

it's a bad example. it's not just an ad, it's a message. Enough of these messages over and over again and you see a degradation in our culture. What kids accept as 'normal' becomes less than we should accept.
                            There are a lot of ads I can't stand and this is one of them.
                            It's a brand new day.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofan
                              it's a bad example. it's not just an ad, it's a message. Enough of these messages over and over again and you see a degradation in our culture. What kids accept as 'normal' becomes less than we should accept.
                              There are a lot of ads I can't stand and this is one of them.
                              this is the ole' tv is responsible for how our kids turn out arguement. It's not... it's up to good old fashioned parenting...
                              but feel free to continue to blame tv...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎