Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title Sponsor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Title Sponsor

    Barnhart and his family gave out the game ball at the Pacers game tonight. He was representing FedX. I have heard a title sponsor is to be announced the day before homestead. My bet is on FedX.
    Last edited by AudRS; 03-17-2008, 08:04 PM.

  • #2
    did they show it on the FSN broadcast? i must have missed it...
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4233/kiawp.jpg
    Peters Motorsports Designs
    Web - http://www.petersmotorsports.com
    Twitter- @petersmtrsprts

    Comment


    • #3
      Let's hope you're right. FedEx would be a great title sponsor.

      Comment


      • #4
        Who'd they give the ball to?

        Comment


        • #5
          I would rather not have FedEx. When they were the title sponser of CART they did nothing in the terms of Promo or cross promotion.

          That being said I guess their money is better than no money.
          www.fairtax.org


          Comment


          • #6
            I guess there are just some people who step in mud and think there must be a diamond under their feet. Just how do you make this fairy tale FedEX connection? I'll bet the same people who are breaking out the congratulations to FedEX are the ones who believed that Sarah Fisher was posting on the IndyStar boards about her pending sponsor annoucement.
            Last edited by rev-ed; 03-17-2008, 09:11 PM.
            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
            "They're criminals"
            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by devowood
              I would rather not have FedEx. When they were the title sponser of CART they did nothing in the terms of Promo or cross promotion.

              That being said I guess their money is better than no money.
              This was my exact thought when I read this thread. This is also the first time I have heard a title sponsor is expected to be announced. Does anyone have a link?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Outlaw
                This was my exact thought when I read this thread. This is also the first time I have heard a title sponsor is expected to be announced. Does anyone have a link?
                At a minimum, shouldn't the thread title be: "Title Sponsor?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by devowood
                  I would rather not have FedEx. When they were the title sponser of CART they did nothing in the terms of Promo or cross promotion.....
                  I don't know anything about FedEx & IndyCar except the pathetic deal CART signed with FedEx is irrelevant.

                  Andrew Craig.....Loony Joe, Chris Pook just burning through c.$200million in under 2 yrs.......CART was among the most incompetently managed business in the USA.

                  FedEx is first class all the way. If a deal was to happen, I'm sure this guy that puts corpoations/sponsors & motorsports entities together would do a solid WIN-WIN deal.

                  With UPS so invested in NASCAR & IndyCars so much faster than clunky stockers, I've long thought DHL, FedEx, etc. would be a perfect fit for Indy Cars.

                  The United States Army Times http://www.militarycity.com/valor/honor.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by devowood
                    I would rather not have FedEx. When they were the title sponser of CART they did nothing in the terms of Promo or cross promotion.

                    That being said I guess their money is better than no money.
                    Actually, they had several commericals that featured drivers. Gil De Ferran was one driver that came to mind.

                    Didnt they also provide transportation of teams to all out of country races? That in itself saves a ton of money.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by boardtrack
                      I don't know anything about FedEx & IndyCar except the pathetic deal CART signed with FedEx is irrelevant.

                      Andrew Craig.....Loony Joe, Chris Pook just burning through c.$200million in under 2 yrs.......CART was among the most incompetently managed business in the USA.

                      FedEx is first class all the way. If a deal was to happen, I'm sure this guy that puts corpoations/sponsors & motorsports entities together would do a solid WIN-WIN deal.

                      With UPS so invested in NASCAR & IndyCars so much faster than clunky stockers, I've long thought DHL, FedEx, etc. would be a perfect fit for Indy Cars.
                      Makes sense but there are no sponsors left. They're all in NASCAR.
                      Get your head out of your past!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wonder if Indycar.com will post any photos of this...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I didn't know they were getting one

                          I didn't know they were getting one. I always said Clabber Girl should be it. But Fed ex is much better
                          Go Dario, Dixon and Vitor!!! .42 JPM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is probably nothing more than the fact that FedEx is a sponsor for Conseco Fieldhouse/the Pacers.
                            "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by boardtrack
                              ...With UPS so invested in NASCAR & IndyCars so much faster than clunky stockers...
                              UPS is already invested in something that's faster than IndyCars, they also sponsor an NHRA Top Fuel Dragster. Maybe they just like to put their money where they get the best ROI.

                              roach

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X