When is the Sebring testing again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the Sebring testing again?

I can't find a thing about testing schedules on indycar.com. Are they going to split the CC guys into 2 groups and run 4 days, or are they going to run them all at the same time?

I believe it's the 19th and 20th and I'm fairly sure all the cars will run together (there will probably be only 6-8 of them).

Comment

Wednesday/Thursday at Sebring, where there should be plenty of rubber left on the course (and oil). I light rain might be nice before then, that isn't likely, and it looks to be very warm. Then it is on to Homestead a week from Monday for two days on the oval. I check indycar.com daily for a participant list.
      It's always been about the Indy 500!
      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm ready to see these cars painted up already!

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
          Thanks guys. I'm ready to see these cars painted up already!
          Just a WAG here, but you might see a lot of carbon fiber. I don't know if these teams have had the car long enough to paint it. It was probably all they could do to get them race-ready for the tests.
          "The guys on the IRL side went beyond fair. It would have been easy for either side to back out, but this time they wouldn't take 'no' for an answer."..... Jimmy Vasser on the merger.

Comment

I would guess at least KV and NHL will have them painted. Walker said he had a car painted up in the TA colors, and that was at least a week ago.

Comment

I am still waiting to see a participant list, I still think there will be a surprise or two, I expect a minimum of 9 cars and as many as 11. Earlier I felt that there would be a couple of drivers in the 52's (there were 4 in the ICS test), but now, looking at how warm and dry it will be, perhaps not. These teams will get the Dallara road race setup down fairly quickly, they will also learn their way around the gearbox fairly fast as well. This gearbox has proven to be very dependable, but I don't know how it matches up with the units they are used to. It is very rare now where an ICS team loses a gearbox in a race, but I don't know much lovin' care they need. The other issue is the brakes, when the series first road raced the brakes were spec, perhaps the spec has been opened up a little, as teams worked with a brake company two weeks ago at Sebring.

I sure wish it was in my budget to make the trip to Sebring this week, but Homestead was an unexpected bonus for me, and I'm still looking to be in St. Pete.
              It's always been about the Indy 500!
              I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                I would guess at least KV and NHL will have them painted. Walker said he had a car painted up in the TA colors, and that was at least a week ago.
                Graham Rahal said in that tele-conference last week that they just got their cars back from paint, so I at least expect to see N/H/L paintd up. Any word on Graham's sponsor?

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too

I sure wish it was in my budget to make the trip to Sebring this week, but Homestead was an unexpected bonus for me, and I'm still looking to be in St. Pete.

Yeah if I can't make it I'll be rooting for you to go...it's all history in the making everybody...so savor this stuff right now!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X