Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Marco leading at Sebring

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT Marco leading at Sebring

    Hour and a half in, Marco, in the P2 class, is the overall leader.

  • #2
    Keep the faith, Man.
    Bring it home Marco.
    Last edited by Dmanus; 03-15-2008, 03:48 PM.
    Dale Manus

    Comment


    • #3
      Is SPEED going to be switching back to the race at some point?

      Comment


      • #4
        Glad to see Marco running well. One thing I love about P1/P2 is a light and nimble smaller car can still beat up on the larger and heavier, once dominate Audi's.

        I woke up this morning pumped up to watch Sebring, right away I got caught up in what I have always disliked about this kind of racing, when one of the Audi's got tangled up with one of the rolling-chicane Hippo's that was already being lapped in the first 30 minutes of the race. The Audi ended up in the penalty box, thou shalt not run over the slugs.:mad: While that Porsche is a well-funded and costly entry, those and others of the lesser classes are just flat-azzed in the way and are a hazard.
        It's always been about the Indy 500!
        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mack Too
          I woke up this morning pumped up to watch Sebring, right away I got caught up in what I have always disliked about this kind of racing, when one of the Audi's got tangled up with one of the rolling-chicane Hippo's that was already being lapped in the first 30 minutes of the race. The Audi ended up in the penalty box, thou shalt not run over the slugs.:mad: While that Porsche is a well-funded and costly entry, those and others of the lesser classes are just flat-azzed in the way and are a hazard.
          That's a lot of what I like about it. In a sort of Cannonball Run sort of way, it's racing at its purist.

          It's not how I get my main fix of racing, but i think it's a neat change-up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by speedmonkey
            Is SPEED going to be switching back to the race at some point?
            Sebring is back on SPEED at 2pm EST.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by speedmonkey
              That's a lot of what I like about it. In a sort of Cannonball Run sort of way, it's racing at its purist.

              It's not how I get my main fix of racing, but i think it's a neat change-up.
              After all the hype about added manufacturers and teams, most of it is in lesser classes, there are only 16 LMP1 and LMP2 cars and IIRC there were more than 20 last year.
              It's always been about the Indy 500!
              I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mack Too
                After all the hype about added manufacturers and teams, most of it is in lesser classes, there are only 16 LMP1 and LMP2 cars and IIRC there were more than 20 last year.

                Nope.... that is incorrect...

                2007 = 13 in P1+P2
                4 in P1.
                9 in P2.

                This year = 16 in P1+P2
                6 in P1.
                10 in P2.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Can someone explain to me why they let the Peugeot closed-top cars in this year? Was it because ALMS can't get anyone to compete in P1?

                  markbilek
                  http://www.drivechicago.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not sure I understand your question. The Peugeot is a P1 car per/by the rules. They didn't 'allow' them in, they (Peugeot) decided to simply come over and compete.
                    Brian W Keske
                    bwkdesign.wordpress.com

                    "The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
                    -- Thomas Jefferson

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by use2know
                      Nope.... that is incorrect...

                      2007 = 13 in P1+P2
                      4 in P1.
                      9 in P2.

                      This year = 16 in P1+P2
                      6 in P1.
                      10 in P2.
                      Thanks for setting the record straight, I think I got that perception from one of the joint races with the ICS, I was impressed with those cars at St. Pete.
                      It's always been about the Indy 500!
                      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I flipped it on for the first time today and that series is odd as hell. I watched for a few hours and it is interesting. Is it usual not to have any real battles for position in this type of racing? It seemed awfully spread out. Further, could someone please explain the divisions? Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          American LeMans

                          Four cars on the lead lap with 1 hour to go in a 12 hour race is pretty darn close.
                          Brian W Keske
                          bwkdesign.wordpress.com

                          "The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
                          -- Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by use2know
                            Nope.... that is incorrect...

                            2007 = 13 in P1+P2
                            4 in P1.
                            9 in P2.

                            This year = 16 in P1+P2
                            6 in P1.
                            10 in P2.
                            This year = 14 in P1+P2
                            5 in P1.
                            9 in P2.

                            Or do you get to count cars that don't start?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ALMS T&S...
                              It's always been about the Indy 500!
                              I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X