Alex Barron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Barron

Any one know what Alex is doing these days. A winner of the Michigan 400 a few years back in his spin and win by a nose over Sam Hornish makes me think about him and why he does not have a ride in the IRL in 2008.

From what I've heard Panther was ready to sign him as a replacement for Sam, but he'd already inked the first deal that came across the table, for RBCR. Too bad, I think a lot of things might be different today if he'd have gotten in that yellow car.

Comment

RBCR? What form of racing is that?

Originally posted by speedmonkey
      From what I've heard Panther was ready to sign him as a replacement for Sam, but he'd already inked the first deal that came across the table, for RBCR. Too bad, I think a lot of things might be different today if he'd have gotten in that yellow car.
      RBCR?

Comment

Red Bull Cheever Racing
        "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

It should be noted that while RBCR wasn't quite Panther-quality, it was a top ride at the time.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
          "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Cheever has not been a top ride since 02.
            "I believe my work and contributions are done here." ...drop the flag railbird.

Actually a member since 01.

Comment

Originally posted by Racemind
              It should be noted that while RBCR wasn't quite Panther-quality, it was a top ride at the time.
              1 win with a HP advantage = a top ride?

They were certainly more competitive than they would turn out to be in the future, but I wouldn't have put them in the same category as Panther, even back then.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                but I wouldn't have put them in the same category as Panther.
                Yeah, I didn't either.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

I still remember the Blair Racing Rayovac Indy Car Team.
                  Good team but no sponsorship

Comment

I went to the RBCR web site.......

and there was no mention of Alex Barron.??

Comment

There's two conversations going on here. The original poster asked what's Alex Barron doing now. The rest of the posters have been talking about why Alex Barron's career has seemingly gone south in the last five years. Alex Barron signed with Cheever in late 2003.

I believe Barron has signed to drive in the Grand Am GT series this year. However, if an IndyCar deal became available I believe he would be able to go do that instead.

Comment

The league needs Alex B.
                        "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

Originally posted by Racemind
                          Yeah, I didn't either.
                          Actually you made a point not to. I was kind of tired last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizz Fan
                            The league needs Alex B.
                            Time passes, there is an entire alphabet full of former drivers names you can call up, Barron won two races, both circumstance dictated. I hope we see him again at Indy in a one-off, but that's all. Barron has run 3 races since 2005, last season, and ran 19th, 16th and 15th at Indy, 35 laps down. And you think we need him, Marty Roth can do all that.
                            It's always been about the Indy 500!
                            I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                              Time passes, there is an entire alphabet full of former drivers names you can call up, Barron won two races, both circumstance dictated. I hope we see him again at Indy in a one-off, but that's all. Barron has run 3 races since 2005, last season, and ran 19th, 16th and 15th at Indy, 35 laps down. And you think we need him, Marty Roth can do all that.
                              Come on Mack, Barron's a better shoe than Roth.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X