Houston Night Street Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Night Street Race

Im not real sure if it was a year or 2 ago, i didnt really watch much Champ Car but one night it was on Speed and they were racing at Houston at night... Now i am an oval guy 100% but Man that was awesome seeing those guys race at night on a Street Course, very cool... would love to see it again...

Im not much of a sc fan but would love to see that as well. Indycars at night are always cool.

Comment

Right On!

Comment

If I recall there was several issues with that as well though. The escape roads/run off areas weren't well lit so cars would become "lost" when they went into them and safety crews couldn't see them and the drivers couldn't negotiate their way out if they managed to keep it off the tires.

Additionally several drivers clipped the same wall coming out of one of the chicanes and I think an inability to clearly see it may have been a factor.

Also, the Houston race isn't exactly in the best neighborhood and running there at night probably scared some people off. If I recall correctly they ran the race during the day in 2007.

Comment

I was pretty cool a couple of years ago when they arn Cleveland at night.

Put some titanium skid pads on the car you would have one hell of a firework display
          Never Drink and Drive, Use a 3-Iron...

"Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing." - Robin Miller to CCWS

http://koorsenmfg.com

http://www.mulsannescorner.com

Comment

They ran both CC and ALMS at night in 2006 and it was very cool. I really enjoyed the glowing brake rotors and flames from the exhausts on the Corvettes. They switched to day in 2007 mainly because the nearby residential neighborhood complained about the noise (I happen to live there).

Comment

Cleveland at night was great. They should do it again but not Houston. Bad track. If you make Toronto a night race, now you are talking.

Comment

I never liked the Houston race. Not a big street race fan. Cleveland rules though, but then again it's not a street race actually.

Comment

We should absolutly have Cleveland as a night race again, Houston is a lame course.

Comment

Put me down for the Cleveland over Houston option.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1
                      Put me down for the Cleveland over Houston option.
                      The night Cleveland GP was awesome. Would've been more so if it wasn't the 'Subsidy Season."
                      Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

I have neve attended a RC/SC, but if Cleveland happens and it happens at night, I will be attending my first such event.
                        16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

Comment

The cars just seem to shimmer under the lights too. The weird shadows and the way the turbos sound in the night air was too cool. But yeah, an airport circuit is better for this because there are much better runoffs if there is trouble.
                          Last edited by VonScratch; 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1qNCtq9xxQ

edit - The youtube tags didn't work.
                            Last edited by Wheel-Nut; 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM.
                            You should avoid making yourself too clear even in your explanations -

Baltasar Gracian, Spanish philosopher

Comment

^^^ I don't see anything wheel-nut.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X