Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T. Stewart Done With The 500 - Maybe Not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. Stewart Done With The 500 - Maybe Not!

There is a little blurb in Chris Economaki's Editor's Notebook in National Speed Sport News this week about good old Tony Stewart. Apparently Tony was asked yet again about another possible 500 run and his response this time was if he was to win a Daytona 500, it would make it more tempting for him to go back to Indy to give the 500 another try.

Even more surprising was that Roger Penske said he would be happy to provide an ride for Stewart should he decide to run again.

Hmmmmm!
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
    www.fairtax.org

Could care less. I am done with Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
      There is a little blurb in Chris Economaki's Editor's Notebook in National Speed Sport News this week about good old Tony Stewart. Apparently Tony was asked yet again about another possible 500 run and his response this time was if he was to win a Daytona 500, it would make it more tempting for him to go back to Indy to give the 500 another try.

Even more surprising was that Roger Penske said he would be happy to provide an ride for Stewart should he decide to run again.

Hmmmmm!
      Well won't happen this year then.

Comment

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I regret the day Tony Stewart took his first lap in an Indy car.

Comment

I will continue to hope Tony will run Indy again, I am not bitter, I understand why he had to go South, in his shoes, almost all of us would. Tony probably makes $12K per day before getting out of bed, 24/7/365. He has a lot of "toy's, and gives back to the sport that gave him that income far more than anyone else. This almost failure proof Dallara Honda package represents the best chance he will ever have of winning the Indy 500. Put Tony's abilities against anyone else in the Indy field and I make him 2-1 to win.
          It's always been about the Indy 500!
          I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Maybe the sponsor could be "Slimfast"!!
            "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
              I will continue to hope Tony will run Indy again, I am not bitter, I understand why he had to go South, in his shoes, almost all of us would.
              So do I, and I don't fault him for that. I'm just sick of hearing about it constantly. He needs to stop answering these questions, but I suspect he enjoys the attention.

Sure, he'll come back...as soon as he wins a Cup title...

Sure, he'll come back...as soon as he wins the BY400...

Sure, he'll come back...after he wins his second Cup title...

Sure, he'll come back...when he wins the Daytona 500...

None of this does anything positive for the sport. Just go away, Smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I regret the day Tony Stewart took his first lap in an Indy car.
                Then you probably weren't there, I didn't see him test at WDW or wherever it was, perhaps dog-ring did, but I did see him at the first WDW race. First time in the car, first practice session against a full field of drivers, many of them veterans, and my first reaction was "expletive deleted, look at him go!" Cheever and Scotty Brayton had the same equipment, Tony qualified 7th, the first non-Ford turbo in qualifying, Brayton started 10th and Cheever 20th, after crashing into Tony in the final practice session. Tony finished 2nd to Buzz Calkins in a Reynard Ford. That Reynard was a far better car than any '95 Lola.

Career Summary 26 Starts, 3 Wins, 10 Top-5's, 15 Top-10's, 9 Poles, 1515 Laps Led, Running At Finish 15 times, Earnings $2,930,123.

Tony had 15 top-10's, every race he finished in, ten of those were top-5's
                I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Tony had 15 top-10's, every race he finished in, ten of those were top-5's
                  Believe me, I'm not discrediting his talent, I think him to be one of the top 5 drivers in the world, at least.

Comment

Then you probably weren't there, I didn't see him test at WDW or wherever it was, perhaps dog-ring did, but I did see him at the first WDW race. First time in the car, first practice session against a full field of drivers, many of them veterans, and my first reaction was "expletive deleted, look at him go!" Cheever and Scotty Brayton had the same equipment, Tony qualified 7th, the first non-Ford turbo in qualifying, Brayton started 10th and Cheever 20th, after crashing into Tony in the final practice session. Tony finished 2nd to Buzz Calkins in a Reynard Ford. That Reynard was a far better car than any '95 Lola.

Didn't Cheever crash into Richie Hearn in the final practice?

Comment

Tony might not be done with the Indy 500, but I am done with Tony Stewart in the Indy 500.

Race. Don't Race. I don't care.

He is almost worse than the CART boys back-in-the-day.
                      "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by speedy badger

Could care less. I am done with Stewart
                        It's been a while and my memory may not be all that it was, but wasn't this your feeling before he ever stepped into an Indy Car?
                        Gary Crossno

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoBandini
                          Tony might not be done with the Indy 500, but I am done with Tony Stewart in the Indy 500.

Race. Don't Race. I don't care.

He is almost worse than the CART boys back-in-the-day.
                          So you begrudge him actually making money racing? Unbelievable!!!!!!!! Is he suppose to NOT answer questions when put to him? Do you really think he does not care about winning Indy? Would you put running at Indy above making 20 to 30 million a year? Answer those questions honestly and you would be down south doing just as TS is doing.
                          Gary Crossno

Comment

Originally posted by trevor83
                            Didn't Cheever crash into Richie Hearn in the final practice?
                            Hearn may have been involved, but I thought Tony was as well. I could be wrong, I was there with my family, after "Q" runs they wanted to go into the park, I went along, reluctantly.

Comment

I always thought that if he had a Daytona 500 win or two under his belt by now, there would be no guessing what his next adventure would be. Indy every year, a Corvette ride at LeMans, Silver Crown season, NHRA, anything that whets his appetite. But he still doesn't, so it isn't.
                              "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X