2009 Schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Schedule?

Somebody at SpeedForum found this hidden in Indycar.com. It looks like a map of the events that are going to run in the future. Wouldn't depend on accuracy, but it is something to talk about.

http://www.indycar.com/news/2008/ser...r-03152008.jpg

-------

Where is area 51 ?

Nice find.

Comment

23 Events!!!

4 International events: 2 in Canada, plus Australia and Japan.

2 Airport Circuits
      5 Street (including Australia)
      7 Natural Terrain Road Circuits
      11 Ovals

Michigan, Laguna Seca and Portland are missing, but they added Houston, Cleveland, Toronto and Road America.

Frankly I'd swap Houston for Michigan, and I'm a Texan!
      We went to the CART event there a few years back and while it was fun, you couldn't see for Sh%#. If you weren't directly across from a big screen TV, you could only see 1-2 corners, and the jersey barrier were so high that all you could see of the cars directly in front of you was their roll hoops, unless you were at the top of the grandstand

Otherwise it looks like a great schedule to me!

Comment

Looks good, except, there should NEVER be less than 50% of
        the schedule on ovals. Time to add back Vegas or Phoenix or
        Fontana or Michigan.

Comment

I'd trade in Houston and Sonoma for Rockingham Speedway and Hermano Rodriguez in Mexico City. Run both of them early in the seaon, pre Indy.

2009 Indycar Pre-Indy Schedule:
          March Homestead
          March St. Pete
          March Rockingham
          April Hermano Rodriguez
          April Motegi
          April Long Beach
          April Kansas

How is that for balance: oval, street, oval, road, oval, street, oval.
          Lose the mega-downforce and let's separate the men from the boys!

Comment

Originally posted by D. Heimgartner
            I'd trade in Houston and Sonoma for Rockingham Speedway and Hermano Rodriguez in Mexico City. Run both of them early in the seaon, pre Indy.

2009 Indycar Pre-Indy Schedule:
            March Homestead
            March St. Pete
            March Rockingham
            April Hermano Rodriguez
            April Motegi
            April Long Beach
            April Kansas

How is that for balance: oval, street, oval, road, oval, street, oval.
            As a Northern California fan I don't support doing that. But I do support dropping Infineon for Laguna Seca. Much more historic Indy track in better surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ydawg
              Fontana or Michigan.
              On the contrary, all ovals are essentially the same and provide little entertainment. This, if true, is a schedule I could get in to. Most ovals don't draw crowds either and crowds are what this series is gonna need.

Comment

Originally posted by VonScratch
                On the contrary, all ovals are essentially the same and provide little entertainment. This, if true, is a schedule I could get in to. Most ovals don't draw crowds either and crowds are what this series is gonna need.

That is merely your opinion.
                Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by VonScratch
                  Such was the attitude that prevailed in Champ Car. And that's just one of many reasons why Champ Car has gone the way of the dodo bird.
                  "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Ydawg
                    Fontana or Michigan.
                    i don't know how many times this needs to be said...
                    INDY CARS HAVE TO MOVE AWAY FROM ISC TRACKS!

(yes, i know Vegas isn't an ISC track so that would be ok)

the ISC is basically a branch of NASCAR (just like IMS and the IRL are joined at the hip) and if/when AOW starts regaining popularity they will f*** with it so NASCAR stays on top. it's ignorance to think otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by athletics68
                      As a Northern California fan I don't support doing that. But I do support dropping Infineon for Laguna Seca. Much more historic Indy track in better surroundings.
                      Given a choice between LS and Sonoma, I would also pick Laguna Seca. But neither of those tracks compares to Hermano Rodriguez, which has a much more competitive layout (long straights, high speed turns, solid passing zones) and much greater attendance figures. Indeed, with 25+ cars and some Mexican sponsorship (Herdez), wecould easily see 150,000+ fans at the track on Sunday. At large crowds do wonders for tv ratings, see Mid-Ohio last year.

As far as Houston, what an awful track! Give me the high-banks of Rockingham. What a statement the Indycar Series could make by running a race at a former ISC track at a Nascar stronghold abandoned by ISC's shortsighted greed. If the Indycars could fill those stands, then a lot of traditional Nascar fans would take notice.

Comment

Nice find....verrrrrry interesting.......

slightly different version

http://www.indycar.com/news/2008/ser...4-03152008.jpg
                        BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I count 21 races...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay J
                            Frankly I'd swap Houston for Michigan, and I'm a Texan!
                            Seems that everybody feels that way, except for series management. There has got to be a way to draw their attention to this. Tony was on Wind Tunnel talking about how KK and GF decided to do what was best for the fans, the fans need unification. Well, "the fans" want Michigan. That much seems pretty obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Heimgartner
                              I count 21 races...
                              I'd say you're likely not counting Toronto and Motegi. There are 23 there though.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X