Coyne running 2 cars according to Cavin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyne running 2 cars according to Cavin

Sounds like Dale Coyne is running a pair of cars this year.

1 for Bruno and 1 for Moraes (r)

Good to hear. I know this was mentioned in another post, but it deserves its own thread.

Not announced, but the manufacturer contract is set.

Good deal.

WELCOME!
    In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
    -Tony Renna
    -Dan Wheldon

If so, that's 24 cars so far for Homestead. Cool.
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Media Boy

Comment

Kudos to Dale Coyne.....I've been pretty hard on the Champ car teams, but he and Wiggins made a solid effort to get cars on the grid. Both should be applauded for their effort and valued for their contribution. Plus, wasn't Coyne the owner who used to be partnered with Walter Payton???? Just another reason to like the guy
        We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

No rip on DC, but man, Bruno's at Coyne???
          That aint right.
          I figured BJ would have ended up in a better ride...

Comment

Originally posted by Media Boy
            I have 26 confirmed.

4 AGR, 2 Penske, 2 Ganassi, 2 Vision, 2 KV, 2 NHL, 2 Coyne, 2 Conquest, 2 D&R, 2 Roth, 1 Foyt, 1 Panther, 1 RHL, 1 HVM.

The only rides still available are the second Conquest ride -TBD and the HVM ride - Viso?

Also, i know Buddy isnt offical at D&R, but my sources say its pretty much a done deal.
            In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
            -Tony Renna
            -Dan Wheldon

Comment

Glad to see Coyne back. He may not be a front runner week in and week out, but the guy is tenacious, and get's the most from every nickel he spends.
              ...Always follow the money

Comment

At Homestead Dale told me, "we'll run two cars, that's what we do," and I believed him and posted it during my Homestead coverage and here as well. It now appears that more CCWS teams will show up than will throw in the towel, we're waiting for final confirmation from PCM, and I still think Walker will make Homestead.
                Last edited by rev-ed; 03-14-2008, 04:17 PM.
                It's always been about the Indy 500!
                I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Tony should give Foyt, Panther and RHL the same deal for a second car.

Absolutely sucks that Panther and RHL aren't running two. Those teams are capable of putting two good cars on the track...

Heck, take Sarah's money add a little and put her in the Panther stable with Meira's setups. She might be competitive.

Comment

Ok - did a quick search of Mario Moreas and found out that he finished
                    14th last season in the British F3 championship. He ran the full season
                    for one of the better teams (the team won several races), but did not
                    have a higher finish than 5th (twice). Here's his finishes in 2007:

Moraes 16 17 8 DNF 11 9 12 10 9 14 8
                    12 DNF 5 DNF 17 12 6 6 DNF 5 7

Ok - that looks like a solid start - but I have to ask, if this rumor
                    is true, why is he making the jump to indycars this year?

Comment

Probably a ride buyer.
                      It's always been about the Indy 500!
                      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Dale may not run the largest dollar operation in the paddock, far from it, but is without a doubt one of the classiest acts around. I wish him and DCR all the luck in the world. I'll be pulling for 'ya buddy!

Still curious about PCM though?

:applause::applause::applause:

porscheman
                        @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
                        237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Dale Coyne makes no bones about it......he has cars and staff ready for drivers that bring a check. That's his philosophy, to give guys a chance to display their talents. I guess it's no different than PDM and Hornish in 2000. Just can't have owners like that across the board
                          We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Ydawg
                            Ok - did a quick search of Mario Moreas and found out that he finished
                            14th last season in the British F3 championship. He ran the full season
                            for one of the better teams (the team won several races), but did not
                            have a higher finish than 5th (twice). Here's his finishes in 2007:

Moraes 16 17 8 DNF 11 9 12 10 9 14 8
                            12 DNF 5 DNF 17 12 6 6 DNF 5 7

Ok - that looks like a solid start - but I have to ask, if this rumor
                            is true, why is he making the jump to indycars this year?

Danica has to have someone to compete with? Same number of pro wins.

porscheman
                            @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
                            237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                              Probably a ride buyer.
                              Yep, that's how Dale rolls.

Buttttttttttt, Bruno's ride is inherently NOT a ride buy. If the 2nd car ride buy means more $$$ for Junky's ride, I'm fine with it.
                              "Why do we do this? Because we love it, don't want to be anywhere else but a race car. We will keep your legacy my friend. Racers race."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X