Rahal & Sharp settle suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rahal & Sharp settle suit

Rahal issued a PR statement today (I won't link to TSO)
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

It's here too.

http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=10679

Comment

Hey Buckeye Nation, did you guys get enough to run a second car this season? (I'll understand if you can't answer this question.)
      Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Comment

This is OT, but I was watching a pre-season show about Sharp's new sports car program on Speed Channel, and he said (twice) that his car was the best car he's ever driven.

Comment

Yes, and did you see how big his grin was? They'll be replaying that show at 8:30 am Saturday morning before the start of Sebring's coverage on Speed.

Oh, and supposedly Rahal is doing some sort of announcement/unveiling thing with a BMW at Sebring, either today or tomorrow...
          ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
            Rahal issued a PR statement today (I won't link to TSO)
            You could at least give some clue about what the settlement was if you're going to bother to start a thread.
            Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

You could at least give some clue about what the settlement was if you're going to bother to start a thread.
              As you should expect,

Terms of the settlement are confidential and will not be released.
              End result is Sharp and RLR will go their separate ways.
              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

End result is Sharp and RLR will go their separate ways.
                ...and my guess is that Patron/Sharp probably cut RLR some sort of check.

Comment

I'm guessing that the check is in the realm of money it takes to do an Indy 500 deal but not enough to run a full season. My estimation is that RLR spends about $8-$9M per car/per season and require about $6M in sponsorship above TEAM and various other assistance they recieve.

Comment

Originally posted by shakespeare
                    This is OT, but I was watching a pre-season show about Sharp's new sports car program on Speed Channel, and he said (twice) that his car was the best car he's ever driven.
                    No different from any other driver in any other series who also never worked with such a great group of people. All memory seems to be erased when they unwrap the new uniform.
                    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                    "They're criminals"
                    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

How about the settlement funds if there is I am assuming and adding a second car for Paul Tracy?

Comment

yeah, I bet settlement money + monster money is close to enough to put a deal together. However, there would be a major shortage for next year and there's still the issue of Tracy's $1M salary.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X