• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 ICS Schedule

If this has been posted already I appologize:

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

TBA—Indy 300, Surfers Paradise, Australia

TBA—Grand Prix of Edmonton, Alberta
    Do you think that these will be addded at the end of the season? If so, then it looks like the season enders will not be on US ground eh.....
    The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

I doubt Edmonton will be at the end of the season, too cold. They can start getting snow there in October.

Comment

Already 5/17 are road courses and they want to add 2 more? Count me out.

CART folded.

CCWS folded.

We don't need to follow their business model.

Duh.
        If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

In all liklihood, the ICS schedule in the next couple of years will evolve into something close to this:

20-22 races
          11-12 ovals
          8-10 road/street courses
          Ovals will remain a majority, even if a small majority.

Diversity. Competing on short ovals, speedways, permanent road courses and temporary street circuits, the IndyCar Series has the most challenging and diverse lineup of racetracks in motorsports. Put to the test is an international lineup of driver talent.
          btw, this will fulfill my predictions of many moons ago.
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Plectraholica
            Do you think that these will be addded at the end of the season? If so, then it looks like the season enders will not be on US ground eh.....
            They listed them at the end simply because they don't have dates yet. Edmonton is likely in the July/Aug slot. Australia, who knows.

Comment

Last I heard was that Australia was considering 10/26 as a tentative date.

Comment

http://blog.canoe.ca/hicksonsix/2008..._be_held_sa_26

The original Champ Car weekend of July 21 to 23 is impossible, as one of the major IRL races is that same Sunday July 23 in Ohio, with major TV commitments already in place.

And the Edmonton Grand Prix will run on the Saturday, rather than going up (on TV) against one of NASCAR's biggest races of its season, the NASCAR Brickyard in Indianapolis.
                We were supposed to get confirmation of this last week...
                ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by TxIndyFan
                  Already 5/17 are road courses and they want to add 2 more? Count me out.

CART folded.

CCWS folded.

We don't need to follow their business model.

Duh.
                  Bye

Comment

12 ovals and 10 road/street courses. Not only can I live with that. But I can dance in the streets and proclaim myself a fan of INdycar.
                    Lose the mega-downforce and let's separate the men from the boys!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X