Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAP: What fits inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: What fits inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway?

Strike One!

And they're off and running!

Fault!

Roy Riegels runs 65 yards the wrong way!

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

"Amen!"

Follow this link ------> http://www.indy500.com/trackmap/flashmap.html
    http://thepurginglutheran.wordpress.com/

http://thegatwickview.tumblr.com/

http://thepurginglutheran.tumblr.com/

Originally posted by debris on the track
    Strike One!

And they're off and running!

Fault!

Roy Riegels runs 65 yards the wrong way!

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

"Amen!"

Follow this link ------> http://www.indy500.com/trackmap/flashmap.html
    They forgot Godzilla inside turn 3...

Comment

And it leaves all that space along the backstretch for Camp & Brew. Someone more computer savvy than I needs to fit that in.

Unless someone has a better use for that space. Too bad I don't know how to do a poll, either.

Comment

Wasn't that part of a feature on a TV broadcast? I seem to remember it being shown during a broadcast.

Comment

I would guess that most all of those things would also fit inside Daytona International Speedway.
          If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Thanks, MediaBoy.

It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Where did you get the photo of my x-wife??

Comment

It's puzzling, though, that bathroom stall doors won't fit inside.

Comment

I recall that ABC once showed a graphic that illustrated that ALL of the MLB stadiums of the day would fit into the infield and would still leave some room for parking!

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmologist
                    I recall that ABC once showed a graphic that illustrated that ALL of the MLB stadiums of the day would fit into the infield and would still leave some room for parking!

i believe they did the same thing with the nfl stadiums....
                    New York Football Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Comment

It can't be all that big.

After all, I have been told, on these very forums, that the infield can't hold more than 1 or 2 thousand fans on race day.

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
                        It can't be all that big.

After all, I have been told, on these very forums, that the infield can't hold more than 1 or 2 thousand fans on race day.

Comment

This was pointed out at SpeedForum. The Pope gets a great view of turn three.

Comment

Originally posted by midtown
                            Thanks, MediaBoy.

Its stuff like this that make me love this place. -cap
                            For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

The scale is wrong on some of these bits. Not massively so, but still...

For instance - the longest dimension of Yankee stadium is in the 750 foot range. In this pic, that distance is shorter (by about 7%) than the distance between the far corners of South Vista to G stands, yet that distance is only 720 feet. (distances gleaned from Google Earth's ruler function.) So, figure that Yankee Stadium is almost 20% smaller than it should be in that pic.

Similarly, Churchill Downs is about 6% smaller than it should be.
                              ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X