Walker in IRL in 2008? Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker in IRL in 2008? Maybe

Will Walker Racing be in the Indy Car Series in 2008, sounds like a firm "maybe" Actually it does sound encouraging.

Walker Racing will head back to Indianapolis and regroup on all fronts. "After the statement we made on Sunday regarding our IndyCar effort, we have had tremendous support and a number of inquiries that may produce some ability to compete in the IndyCar Series on some level whether it be a full or half season. At least it will give us the chance to compete at some capacity. We remain cautiously optimistic," continued Walker.
    http://www.walkerracing.com/media/di...id=426&lang=en
    Tara was the name of our cat.

Originally posted by Tara
    Will Walker Racing be in the Indy Car Series in 2008, sounds like a firm "maybe" Actually it does sound encouraging.

http://www.walkerracing.com/media/di...id=426&lang=en
    Maybe is not a bad word.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
      Maybe is not a bad word.
      Maybe holds just as much water as "maybe not".
      Gregg Sebald

Comment

Looks like Clabber Girl will be sponsoring another car
        We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

It's one of those things I have to tell my 6 year old who is pestering me for something new (currently High School Musical cr- er, merchandise).

"You can have two answers - either 'maybe, we'll see' or 'no.' If you need an answer NOW, you get 'no.' If you can wait, then... 'maybe.'"

Patience is a hard thing, I know...
          ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
            Maybe is not a bad word.
            Any time my mom says " maybe " it really means NO.

Comment

Originally posted by DR_K13
              Any time my mom says " maybe " it really means NO.

Actually, it means "let's see if you forget about it in two weeks."
              ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by paul-collins
                You must be a Dad

Comment

Thanks Paul.....I have a new strategy with my 5 year old
                  We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
                    Looks like Clabber Girl will be sponsoring another car
                    I don't think so. TG has already put a huge support package out there. To prop up one team with additional support would set a horrible precident. I don't see it happening.

Comment

Mines 10, she doesn't forget, she just adds to the list.
                      "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                      Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                      www.fairtax.org

Comment

If Walker cannot answer the bell at Homestead with two free Dalaras and a free engine lease, why on earth does he think he'll be able to do better when he needs to buy the equipment and pay for an engine lease.

I think they're dead.

Comment

Reminds me of daytime television soaps " As the Walker Turns" or something.
                          "Moralism is often the first strength of a weak mind"
                          -Norman Mailer-

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                            Mines 10, she doesn't forget, she just adds to the list.
                            mine is only 4 and she does not forget
                            Growing Old is Required/Growing Up is Optional
                            Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Comment

In Curt Cavin's racing blog at the Indianaplis Star today, he provides the reason why Walker had to issue the news release linked above at the start of this thread and stated that Walker is still pursuing support with hopes to be at Homestead at the end of the month

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpert/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X