Iowa Race Update, Helio On Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Race Update, Helio On Record

Helio and Rusty Wallace were in Iowa to talk up the Iowa Speedway race Wednesday. I was there and did up a report on the events.

Rusty and Helio Do Iowa
    Humor! www.pressdog.com

The local TV station had some video. The caption was 'Helio Castroneves, NASCAR champion."

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture
      The local TV station had some video. The caption was 'Helio Castroneves, NASCAR champion."
      Helio probably does not care as long as the trophy will fit on the shelf
      Dale Manus

Comment

Are you sure that was the whole caption, and not something like "Helio Castroneves, NASCAR Champion Rusty Wallace"?
        "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Great piece Dog!!! I'm sure that was a fun event to attend...

Comment

Iowa and Richmond will be extra, errr, something this year. Lots of cars for a short track and no fenders.

Comment

Do you guys think it will work, at Richmond? I hope so, but it's almost like a snake chasing it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Cale
                ....but it's almost like a snake chasing it's tail.
                Ever been to Anderson Speedway!
                "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                  Ever been to Anderson Speedway!
                  Naugh, but is it fun? I just might.

Comment

darn, I was at Iowa Speedway on Tuesday afternoon..... :angry-smi
                    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury
                      Are you sure that was the whole caption, and not something like "Helio Castroneves, NASCAR Champion Rusty Wallace"?
                      Yep, pretty sure. This station has a pi** poor record with this...but is way ahead in most respects to the other locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Cale
                        Do you guys think it will work, at Richmond? I hope so, but it's almost like a snake chasing it's tail.
                        I think it's gonna be a helluva race.
                        There will no doubt be some cars that don't finish with all 4 wheels on, but with the added cars, you're gonna be in traffic all night long. I doubt anyone will be able to check out like Dario did last year, or be able to be patient with lapped traffic like he was no matter how fast you are. Whoever is leading is gonna flat out have to pass everything to stay in front. We're gonna find out
                        who can handle the bullring that is RIR and I can't wait!
                        “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                        I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                        I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Yep, pretty sure. This station has a pi** poor record with this...but is way ahead in most respects to the other locals.
                          Hello fellow Iowan, I will be attending the race in Newton for the first time this year and was wondering where is the best place to sit? Can you get into the infield/paddock at all? Any input is appreciated?

Comment

Originally posted by reynard7
                            Hello fellow Iowan, I will be attending the race in Newton for the first time this year and was wondering where is the best place to sit? Can you get into the infield/paddock at all? Any input is appreciated?
                            I took the boys over last year and you will be impressed. We sat about 6 rows up from the track and based on that, there is not a bad seat in the house. You can get into the infield with the fan walk, but the line appeared pretty long on race day last year. My biggest suggestion is regarding arrival time. If you go to Indy, use a similar type of schedule. This means to get there atleast 2 1/2 hours early. There is plenty to do, eat and drink so you won't be sitting around bored. Hopefully it will be warmer this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by reynard7
                              You can see all of the track from 95% of the seats. In the very front two rows sometimes the stuff in the infield blocks your view straight across the track in very small spots. There is fan walk which takes you basically behind pit row and that's it. Parking was a nightmare last year, but Rusty says they're workin' on it
                              Humor! www.pressdog.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X