Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't been this excited about IndyCar since...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been this excited about IndyCar since...

...Sam Hornish signed on with Penske. There was a real buzz in the air (for me, anyway) when that happened. I couldn't stop scouring the Internet for information and I even laid down some money for Trackside Online just to see the pictures. But I also think that's about the time that Tony Renna died.

Anyway, it's exciting again. I'm not saying that I haven't enjoyed the past few years of racing. I'm just loving it NOW--more than ever.

Heck, I'm so excited that I started a thread on the Indy Car Series forum instead of the Off Topic & Tenderloins forum. That has to count for something, right?

So, how about the rest of you? How would you fill in the blanks for,

"I haven't been this excited about IndyCar since..."

(And remember, this is NOT the Off Topic forum. Play by the rules.)
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Agreed Media Boy. Its a great time to be an IndyCar fan. Everywhere you turn, there is a news announcement of some kind and its been positive. You wonder if Sam is really kicking himself now going to the cabs.
    RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

Since 1997 and my return to the speedway.

I can cant wait for the season to start. I can't even really wait until the next open test for the former CCWS teams.

Comment

I haven't been thiss excited since the 1997 CART season. The 2008 IndyCar season can't start soon enought

Comment

....since I registered at SpudNut and my first post was pounced on by the I-hate-TG hoopleheads.

It really got fun then! -cap
          "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

last year's Indy 500!
            No place I'd rather be than IMS in May!

Comment

Wonder when the d&gers like dolan, race writer, carl, etc will get here to try to take this down.
              "Moralism is often the first strength of a weak mind"
              -Norman Mailer-

Comment

Since this year. I have something new to look forward to other than pissing and moaning and the blame games. I am looking forward to seeing how this new season pans out.

Comment

The first 500 I remember was Unser, Jr's, win in '92. After the CART/IRL split, I admit I lost a little interest. However, I'm VERY excited for '08. I'm really looking forward to the season and hope more events are added. While this is no doubt IndyCar, I do hope TG encorporates and appreciates the CART/CC heritage.

Comment

Truthfully I can't wait. Once the season starts there will be even more things to talk about. The most important of those is the RACING. Here's to a fun and safe IndyCar season. Now let's start darn thing already.
                    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

I must say that I am excited about seeing a unified series, I am really upset at the thought that Scheckter doesn't have a full ride. I also think that there should be more team crossing over, but I am still pumped and excited to see what will happen.

Comment

...Sam Hornish signed on with Penske. There was a real buzz in the air (for me, anyway) when that happened.
                        That made the excitement less for me. Sam/Panther vs Penske was a more compelling plot.
                        Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Since about this time last year.

It's all good.
                          ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
                            Since about this time last year.

It's all good.
                            Yep!
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I'm looking forward to this year more than usual. We aren't back to the golden era yet, but it's a good first step.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X