IMS Photo Shop Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMS Photo Shop Help

We just moved into a new home and I am in the process of turning one of our guest bedrooms into a IMS/500 themed room. I have several signed die casts for my favorite drivers, an authentic brick, some pavement cores and other IMS items that are going in there on shelves. What I would like to do is add 8 to 12 photographs from the IMS photo shop that are from different eras that represent cool liveries and are really representative of different time periods and cool car designs. I have the 70's through today covered pretty well as I have a lot of pictures from those years. Any advice for the years before the 70's would be greatly appreciated. I know the advice will vary greatly as we all have our favorites; I just need some good ideas so that I am not blindly looking through the IMS photo stash all day this Friday (although I can think of worse ways to spend a Friday).
    Thanks
    I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

if you go to Indianapolis 500.com and look at their photo archives you can order any photo any size it is truly awesome

http://www.indy500.com/photo/galleries.php

i also recommend visiting to photo shop on the 2nd floor of the museum very cool place and very helpful folks working there
    "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Originally posted by slompappy

i also recommend visiting to photo shop on the 2nd floor of the museum very cool place and very helpful folks working there
      When at the photo shop you can ask for a specific year and they will give you books filled with thumbnail size images of every photo taken by an IMS photographer that year. When you find what you want, you give them the catelog numbers, pay them the cost, and they will mail you the photos. It is a fun process sifting through so many great historic images.
      God speed!

Comment

Allow yourself a lot of time...
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Thanks for that link. Now, I can find photos of certain cars very easily.

Comment

Thanks for the link and info...planning on a good 4 or 5 hour visit to the photo shop this Friday, with a return visit later this month. Should be fun.
            I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

Comment

Some of my favorites pre-1970:

Dan Gurney's AAR Eagle 1966
              Ray Crawford 1957
              Frank Lockhart' Miller 1926
              Bobby Grim 1966
              Masten Gregory BRP-Ford 1965

Tell Dave that Jacques said hello!

Cheers,

Jacques N. Dresang
              Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration

Comment

Yep, just talk to Dave Hilberry, he'll take care of whatever you need.

Great guy!

Comment

I have these three pictures up in my living room now. I'm thinking about getting a couple of more and rotating them out from time to time.

Comment

All three of those are great. Definately will have to go after the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by slompappy
                      if you go to Indianapolis 500.com and look at their photo archives you can order any photo any size it is truly awesome

http://www.indy500.com/photo/galleries.php

Thank you, Thank you. Been wanting a copy of the Stan Fox photo for years but didn't know how to get it. Just ordered it from the link you provided. You can bet I will be visiting the photo shop this May.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X