Roth Racing Confirms Howard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roth Racing Confirms Howard

Though long taken as certain to drive for Roth Racing in the 2008 IndyCar Series, former Indy Pro Series champion Jay Howard was finally confirmed to partner owner/driver Marty Roth this Tuesday in the revamped two-car, full-time effort from the Canadian entrepreneur.

“I can’t express enough how fortunate I am to have the opportunity to drive with Roth Racing,” Howard stated. “I have worked my whole life to get to this point and that hard work has paid off. I look forward to the season and getting behind the wheel.

“The big car has loads of power and is a pleasure to drive,” added the Brit, who had never driven an Indy car in a road course before last week’s Sebring test. “I had my rookie test at Homestead and the car felt really good. We were fast with no big issues. Quite a lot of the IPS racing that I learned I could transfer into the IRL car. I was very happy and I passed my test with flying colors.”

Roth was equally pleased with the team’s Sebring showing: “Neither Jay nor myself had been in one of these cars on a road course before and we got comfortable and were able to turn some pretty respectable times. We learned a lot over the last two days and are confident that we’ll be strong and competitive. It’s great to have a teammate to help in dialing in our cars. We can cover so much more ground with two cars. Jay is an asset to the team. He’s a great driver and doesn’t waste time out there, he gets on it.”

Roth Racing will join the remaining IRL squads for a test under the lights at Homestead on March 24-25.

- SPEEDTV

He worked his whole life to race for Roth?

Seriously though I hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by irvinefan
      He worked his whole life to race for Roth?

Your boy once said Cheever was his all-time favorite driver. People say anything to get what they want.

Comment

I thought this was confirmed awhile back.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X