X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Minardi

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65634

Another one bites the dust........

He is concerned about being competitive. I don't think laying low for two years is going to help. The Champ teams are capable of getting up to speed quickly.

Anyhow, 9 cars from CCWS team? Is BB pulling another pit stall claim?

I am guessing 25 cars at Homestead which is GOOD.
    Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

"Newman/Haas will be there or thereabouts but I don’t think we'll see many other teams go across there. Not because they don’t want to, but with four weeks until the start of the season it's a pretty big ask to change your entire operating facility to a car you've never seem, on ovals you've never raced on, and to go out and be competitive."

How early did the get their new cars last year?
      "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

That sucks, P Stoddart is such an animated passionate character and I think that he would have added a bit of entertainment on the sidelines.
        The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

This really makes Barnhart's quote fomr yesterday silly

Comment

Once again....I really hope TG didn't pay much for Champcar. Like I said before this all happened, what does Champcar bring to the table. People said more teams....OK
            We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Minardi runs an F1 team costing $75,000,000 per year and doesn't have a few mill for the IRL? He's just a-skeered of oval racin'.
              http://thepurginglutheran.wordpress.com/

http://thegatwickview.tumblr.com/

http://thepurginglutheran.tumblr.com/

Comment

My source (sorry I can't nor will I reveal it) said Wiggins may try to run his own team. Not sure if it will be this or next year though.

Comment

I still don't understand why all these owners are saying a merger is a benefit to openwheel racing and then they shut down their operations. People, here in Indianapolis, with mechancis, engineers, adminstrative people losing jobs, merger ain't no popular.
                  We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Unfortunately Keith is in the same boat as Walker. KK put Stoddard and him together, as he did with Gore and Walker. I would have been surprised if either were in the IRL with anybody but KK.

Nine teams, 2 NHL, 2 Conquest, 2 KV, 3 from among Dale Coyne, PCM with an outside chance at Wiggin or Walker.

Still can be done, but Minardi would have made it easier to see.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
                      I still don't understand why all these owners are saying a merger is a benefit to openwheel racing and then they shut down their operations. People, here in Indianapolis, with mechancis, engineers, adminstrative people losing jobs, merger ain't no popular.
                      Otherwise they don't get paid through Long Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyReds
                        Unfortunately Keith is in the same boat as Walker. KK put Stoddard and him together, as he did with Gore and Walker. I would have been surprised if either were in the IRL with anybody but KK.

Nine teams, 2 NHL, 2 Conquest, 2 KV, 3 from among Dale Coyne, PCM with an outside chance at Wiggin or Walker.

Still can be done, but Minardi would have made it easier to see.
                        So your saying Stoddard with KV racing? By time this consolidation is done that racing team might have every letter in the alphabet. KVGS (Add More Letters racing)

Comment

Originally posted by jp
                          How early did the get their new cars last year?

Late December I believe.

Comment

Trackside online just said on Monday that Minardi racing was getting close to finalizing their entry.....OOPS
                            Last edited by SnakePitLounge; 03-12-2008, 09:46 AM.

Comment

They just got their Dallara yesteday (Tuesday). This is weird.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X