Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are ya feeling it yet?

are ya feeling it yet?

i am of the belief that us hoosiers will alway be drawn to Indy during the month of may. it may not be to actually go to Indy, or even cruise down 16th to georgetown; but it is just to be near and hear all of the happenings going on in the area. all of the new and exciting stuff that signals the new spring season and the soon to be summer. Indy to this hoosier has always meant that an exciting time was fixin' to happen. and it was always based on what was happening in and around THE track. the people the parties and the parade, the cars, the speed, and the danger.......

danger. yeah, danger. danger on the track and off, living on the edge.
    like the drivers that put it all on the line for our entertainment, we put it all on the line too for our entertainment......oh but that was back in the day.
    before the cleansing of Indy; back when there was a true snakepit, back when there were thousands of very rowdy people (enough that the jail was finding it hard to accommodate them all), back when the speeds would be announced by tom with the famous words..."AND IT'S A NEWWWWW TRACK RECORRRRRRRRRD!"

are ya feeling it yet? it's f'g march, the snow will begin to melt, the schools will be going to the basketball finals, college kids leaving for spring break, baseball players loosing up their arms........and we race fans will be making our final plans for the annual assault on Speedway Indiana and the INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY!!!!!

yes, i'm still not totally on board with the direction of the series that features INDYCARS; but i am TOTALLY on board with being at INDY and wiping the tears from my eyes as i walk through the tunnel under the track knowing that i've made it one more time, hearing the cars roar around the track above me, seeing the other fans with their coolers and hats, smelling the exhaust fumes,
    watching the babes, and on and on and on......

are ya feeling it yet??

I AM!!!!!!!

Lord i pray that you will give me nine more weeks of life and work.
    please i pray give me the opportunity to walk through that tunnel.
    please i pray let me see, hear and feel those cars as they speed past.
    please i pray let me be with my friends past, present, and new as i again visit the temple of racing.
    please i pray let this be the fastest, safest, and most competitive race in the history of the INDIANAPOLIS 500.

thank you Lord for your consideration of my prayer,
    amen.

RACE ON!!!!
    returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Not yet. F1 season starts Saturday night! I'm looking forward to that. Indy is still two months away.

Comment

...this May will mark my 30th Indy 500. I went to my first 500 as an 8 year-old in 1973. Went again in 1975 and 1977, but wasn't able to go again until 1982 and I haven't missed one since. I've lived in Texas and I've lived in the Virgin Islands but I always made it home in May. I've been ready for this May since May 28 of last year!
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by DNS/DNF
        Not yet. F1 season starts Saturday night! I'm looking forward to that. Indy is still two months away.
        Now here is another real OW race fan!

Who are you betting on for the F1 opener? I think some of the boys have something new for the fans this season.
        Dale Manus

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanus

Who are you betting on for the F1 opener? I think some of the boys have something new for the fans this season.

...Hamilton.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanus

I can't see anyone beating Seabass. You know he was so dominating in cc.

Comment

It's still 2 months till the Indy 500 and there's plenty of racing till then.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it!!! But I'm also waiting for the green flag at Homestead so we can focus on racing rather than speculation. And it's time to enjoy the sport and that starts this month. And I too will be checking out the F1 race.

For me, this is the month racing starts for the year. And although I am thrilled about Indy, I am also looking forward to the start of the new season.
                Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

I wasn't feeling anything for the upcoming season until the merger was announced.

Now I'm stoked.

Only 17 days till the first race, and I can't wait.

Comment

I'm intrigued right now. I'm really curious as to what the entry list will look like.

Comment

Indy will bring special meaning to me this year. People dont understand why I liked the place so much. I tell them its my Walt Disney World all wrapped into one. It is my favorite place. Ive been going since 1972 but attended pole day since I was 5 years old (42yrs ago). My Dad wont be with me but he will be in spirit. I'll cheering my driver Helio!!!! Been following him since the CART days. I luv it all!

Comment

This will be my twenty first consecutive year at the only REAL 500! This will be a very interesting year with all of the new teams joining the fray. Quals will be more exciting this year than in recent years past. At last... a chance for real bumping again. I also believe that the former CC teams will have an excellent opportunity to step up their game during the month of May. Even Milka found some speed during practice last year. This will be a very competitive month. BRING ON INDY!!!!!!

Comment

Pumped up like you wouldn't believe!

I'm in Gatsby's 2 or 3 times a week after work, badgering anyone where a race teams' jacket...on TF all the time, my boss loves me!

Diggin rumors of Tracy at Vision, Forsythe at Conquest, Sarah at AAA/AAMCO (lot's of A's there...), Danica at my place (haha!), Schector kicking himself for the 3 race deal, on and on and on...I can't get enough! Planning a roadie to St. Pete, trying to decide who gets my summer camping dollar now that Michigan is lost (while we are shifting the schedule, is there room to put that back in?...I bet the Canucks would come back this year!).

It simply can't get here soon enough...and it looks like Mid-Ohio in the lead for my camping outing...give me info if anyone has it!
                          I Love May!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X