No announcement yet.

Need help finding this photographer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding this photographer....

Name - John Frame. Took photos of Mark Dismore's practice crash @ Indy in 1991 & published in Open Wheel magazine. Would like to contact him if still around. Interested in purchasing hard copies of these photos.....
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Check with the Speedway. They probably issued a credential to him through Fred Nation's office.

Comment

This is the one that always spooks me... (Stan Fox, BTW, not Dismore.)

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
      "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

RAGE...ehhhemm...Bill, would Robin know this photog?
        ~"My life is slipping away,
        I'm aging everyday,
        But even when I'm grey,
        I'll be grey MY WAY"~RUSH

Comment

Originally posted by Racemind

The pictures of Stan's crash are available in a variety of formats in the IMS photo office upstairs above the museum. Can't help with the Dismore wreck - sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ragesgal
            RAGE...ehhhemm...Bill, would Robin know this photog?
            I'll ask him today.

I remember seeing "fresh" photos from the scene when the car came to rest. The photographer was just a few feet from the car, and the visible orthapedic injuries were enough to make you sick to your stomach. Those were shot before anybody arrived at the car. I've always had the utmost respect and admiration for Mark.
            Last edited by Roadrage; 03-12-2008, 07:23 AM.
            www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Racemind

The thing that always amazes me when I see photos such as these is that these drivers survived such horrifying destruction, and yet when you look at photos of Scott Brayton or Jovey Marcello's crashes, they seem so tame compared to these, with far dire consequence.
              God speed!

Comment

For the Dismore photo, I'd call the AP office in Indy. The AP had a deal back in that era with one of the suites at pit-in that stationed a shooter to cover the exit of T4 and the apron into the pits.

Comment

I appreciate the help guys & gals. I have attempted to find these at the IMS photo shop and they don't have them. They have very few shots of this incident at all and from a bad angle.

If you look closely - Mark's feet are hanging out just as Stan's did. Amazingly, Mark made it back into a car (and led the big race).
                  Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Here's a photo that was taken from one the suites with a 500mm lens (the image is also moderately cropped down):

I can assure you that the Dismore image was taken by someone in the suite seating with a 500 or 600mm lens. Ron McQueeny's people don't shoot from up there in the suite seating from what I've seen (the closest I've seen is from the end of the walk-way behind the suites, and you can't see pit-in from there). I'm 90% sure that your guy was the AP shooter that basically used to sit in the suite seating all month.

Comment

You might try to contact Dick Berggren(sp), try Fox Sports. IIRC he was with Open Wheel magazine back then. By the way, Dick was a fair sprint car shoe back in the day.

Comment

Gizmologist - Not sure that your photo is Mark. Mark's car was red with yellow trim, not black.

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
                          Gizmologist - Not sure that your photo is Mark. Mark's car was red with yellow trim, not black.
                          I think this is a photo to show you the angle from the suites. This was from 1996, several years after Dismores crash.
                          God speed!

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
                            It's not... It's Johnny Unser from Carb Day 1996. I posted it to show that it's the same approximate vantage point as the Dismore photo and as such it was shot from the seating in front of the suites.

Comment

Gotcha - Thanks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X