Made me think again about where we have come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made me think again about where we have come

Don't know whether this belongs in Biz or here, but I think it's about Indy Car racing. Another thread that asked what livery we liked the best got me looking at some of the old Indy cars. I recently got a diecast of Johnny Rutherford's 1976 McClaren and I was thinking what a great livery that was, so I went to look up some other liveries from the 60s and 70s and that led me to this webiste which is the results of the Autodromo de Rafaela in Argentina in 1971. Well first of all, I didn't know that Indy Cars raced in Argenitina (about now you are saying that I should be posting this in Eagle's Nostalgia forum), but secondly look at the cars and engines. http://www.oldracingcars.com/results...hp?RaceID=Y71A

So the point is, where have we come to? NASCAR has a single car. Indy cars have a single car and a single engine. What has been lost when there were multiple cars and engines? Has the techology gotten to the point, where that simply makes no sense ever again? Is the sport better or worse because of the single, single we now have?

Oh and look, there were 36 cars in Argentina. We could only wish.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X