Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Is Going Smoother: ICS Unification or TF Unification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Is Going Smoother: ICS Unification or TF Unification?

When the ICS and CCWS announced their unification a few weeks ago, they also prepared us that there would be bumps in the road during transition. Here in the now-unified ICS forum, we've also seen our share of "bumpiness" with the combination of IRListas and CARTisans together in one forum.

Which unification has gone smoother?
    ICS Unification has been smoother.
    50.98%
    TF Unification has been smoother.
    49.02%

The poll is expired.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Not as big of egos here.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by sf-indy-fan
      Not as big of egos here.
      Don't sell us short yet!
      Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

TF unification is farther along than ICS:

The unified ICS has yet to run a race, while the unified TF has been running jaws for a couple of weeks now.

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
        -John Morley

Comment

ICS unification has gone much smoother because that is far less complicated an emotional than the TF unification. Deprograming the CW propaganda, lies and slander against the INDYCar series will be difficult and is a hard road to travel.
          For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

Originally posted by Indycarjunkie
            Deprograming the CW propaganda, lies and slander against the INDYCar series will be difficult and is a hard road to travel.
            Especially when that water under the bridge is splashed about again and again.
            Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

The CC teams seem willing and able to change the equipment, make the move to some new venues, realize they are joining an established organization, adapt and become a part of it and not expect it to tear up the carpeting to accommodate them. On the other hand some posters seem to not be adapting very well and want to pack along all the baggage from their previous series with them to the new address.
              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
              "They're criminals"
              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

ICS unification has gone much smoother because that is far less complicated an emotional than the TF unification. Deprograming the CW propaganda, lies and slander against the INDYCar series will be difficult and is a hard road to travel.
                Attitudes like that don't help matters either.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Mackey
                  Its not an attitude. Its the truth.
                  For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

The ICS by a long shot.

The former teams from CCWS have no choice. It doesn't appear that "some" (a minority - but a vocal one) of the former fans of CCWS have figured that out yet.
                    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                    www.fairtax.org

Comment

Its not an attitude. Its the truth.
                      No, it's an opinion, and a poorly formed one at that. To pretend that all the "propaganda, lies and slander" came from one side in this mud slinging contest is silly.

All the past mud slinging also no longer matters. There are no rival series any more, we're all in this together now. You can either work to help build what we've got, or you can keep up an us vs. them attitude and drag things back down. I know which path I'd rather take.

Comment

neither does having guys like you show up at the end of the movie......

I'm amazed by all the posters who act like they still don't know how this is going to end and are still waiting for Mari to take the keys away from TG.......Stevie Wonder saw this coming.......
                        the man in expensive shoes

Comment

No, it's an opinion, and a poorly formed one at that. To pretend that all the "propaganda, lies and slander" came from one side in this mud slinging contest is silly.

All the past mud slinging also no longer matters. There are no rival series any more, we're all in this together now. You can either work to help build what we've got, or you can keep up an us vs. them attitude and drag things back down. I know which path I'd rather take.
                          Whatever dude. What do you call the TG F-Bombs? The "Idiot Grandson" blasts? The demands that members must toe the Champcar paper Line or else ,,,,,,,,,, etc. etc.? If you want more I can dig up more damning testimony when I have time. No, I think mine is a fairly well informed view of the way things are. Perhaps Z28 said it better than I when he stated
                          On the other hand some posters seem to not be adapting very well and want to pack along all the baggage from their previous series with them to the new address.
                          That was entirely my point.

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan
                            neither does having guys like you show up at the end of the movie......
                            Well they're here. Deal with it.

Comment

Whatever dude. What do you call the TG F-Bombs? The "Idiot Grandson" blasts? The demands that members must toe the Champcar paper Line or else ,,,,,,,,,, etc. etc.? If you want more I can dig up more damning testimony when I have time.
                              I never said that didn't happen. All I'm saying is that fans of both series bashed the other. It wasn't a one way street.

On the other hand some posters seem to not be adapting very well and want to pack along all the baggage from their previous series with them to the new address.

That was entirely my point.
                              While I agree with what Z28 posted, your first post was an example of the same behavior, just in the other direction. You've prejudeged anyone coming over to the merged series. There are people who have baggage about people from the other series. If you want to put together a strong fan base to help this series grow then everyone has to drop the baggage, from both sides.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X