Indy Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy Car

I think, from now on, that we refer the the racing series just by the name "Indy Car." This will greatly inform the public about which we are talking about. Not that we change the name of the series, IRL or ICS, but, just don't use it in talking about the series.

IndyCar.
    There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain
      IndyCar.
      DIA, then you need to change the forum name correctly. It currently says "rev-ed's Indy Car Series"
      RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

IndyCar World Series
        Open the pod bay doors, HAL

Comment

As a kid, in the 70's I called them champ cars. Can we get that name back for the fans now? Or did the split taint it so that only one faction wants to use it anymore?
          Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I love the term, IndyCar

Comment

IndyCar it is!

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
                I think, from now on, that we refer the the racing series just by the name "Indy Car." This will greatly inform the public about which we are talking about. Not that we change the name of the series, IRL or ICS, but, just don't use it in talking about the series.
                Never called it anything but IndyCar. Been doin' it for "ears and ears".
                Told my kids to sprinkle my ashes where the the 1st turn tree used to be. They said I'm weird.

"Their average was 225? I've never been 225 mph in my life " Johnson said.
                "It's the fastest place on earth" Simon Pagenaud"

Comment

Actually the "IRL" has been trying to do this for a year or two or more. The IRL is to IndyCar as NASCAR is to the Sprint Cup Series. It is the sanctioning organization. We all know the series under NASCAR - Sprint, Nationwide, Craftsmen......

The IRL has the IndyCar Series and the IndyPro Series. I think you will find a good majority of the long timers here at TF made the move to "IndyCar" some time ago. It is the media that doens't seem to understand what name to use.
                  "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                  Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                  www.fairtax.org

Comment

Let's be 1337 and called it ndCar.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Definitely IndyCar. The letters IRL mean nothing to the general public, but say IndyCar and people know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote
                        As a kid, in the 70's I called them champ cars. Can we get that name back for the fans now? Or did the split taint it so that only one faction wants to use it anymore?
                        read the sticky on the history of the split over on Racing Biz....it might show you how tricky the human memory can be....
                        the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan
                          read the sticky on the history of the split over on Racing Biz....it might show you how tricky the human memory can be....
                          I glanced through it. Now what's your point though? I don't get what you're driving after.
                          Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I like IndyCar - everyone knows Indy!
                            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

I know what a Champ Car is. You know what a Champ Car is. But, for the lay public, a picture comes into mind when you say Indy Car. That does not happen when you say Champ Car.

They might not visualize an actual Indy Car, but, they will have thoughts about The Indianapolis Motor Speedway at least.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X