Montegi/Long Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montegi/Long Beach

Can anyone tell me how the Montegi/Long Beach problem is going to work out? I heard that they were going to be on the same day, but how is that going to work as far as car counts? Surely they can get Montegi to switch dates so we can get both races in with full car counts!

Not sure how Montegi is gonna go, but I believe the MO-tegi/ (Gotta go to Mo's...got to got to Mo--dell's! Can't get that jingle out of my head!) Long Beach weekend will come and go. The sun will come up and life as we know it will go on.

:tg :kk -cap
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

If their is a car count issue it will be at Long Beach. Honda wants a good showing at their track!
      God speed!

Comment

If you assume that 6 CC cars will move to the IRL that means that the other dozen or so CC rides are either going out of business or moving to other series. Why would any of them enter Long Beach and incur all those expenses to just run one race. It makes no sense whatsoever. Long Beach has the potential to have a field about the size of the F1 field that didn't pull off the track at Indy. I hope not but this might be a real black eye for open wheel racing.

Comment

Why would any of them enter Long Beach and incur all those expenses to just run one race.
          That's a very good question. I'm assuming the $4MM TG paid KK and GF (plus maybe a little from their own pockets) will be used to make it worth the teams' efforts to show up for Long Beach.

I share your concerns for field size in LB (especially since I'll be working corners).

Add to that Walker's annoucement of closing...does that mean he's gone now or after Long Beach?
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
            Add to that Walker's annoucement of closing...does that mean he's gone now or after Long Beach?
            Good question. One thing I have been considering is that it would
            be possible for some of the IRL teams/drivers to use champcar backups
            at Long Beach although it would be a logistical nightmare and
            probably isn't realistic (won't get points for Long Beach if raced
            in Motegi etc.).

Comment

MO tegi

MO tor

MO tion sickness

MON
              aco

MON treal

MON ster mash

Comment