Derek Daly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Daly

DD was certainly spot-on about a month ago.

I don't know any reporter who said it better...the "merger" will be sloppy, bumpy and at times ugly, but it will get done.

I don't always like what he is selling, but he had it right on this one.

Dizz Fan
    "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Originally posted by Dizz Fan

I don't know any reporter who said it better...the "merger" will be sloppy, bumpy and at times ugly, but it will get done.

Dizz Fan
    Did he throw anything in about John Paul Jr??

Comment

DD is another one who made his own bed and is now going to grovel to get back into the fold.

There is actually a CC radio team (contracted, nothing like IMSRN). What are those guys going to do? Not to mention the garage guys and the inside folks at CCHQ? I feel genuinely sorry for their situation. I hope they land on their feet somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizz Fan

Dizz Fan
        I'm glad you approve, I don't see much "bumpy, sloppy yet," Derrick Walker wasn't able to make a deal, but I expect we haven't seen the last of him. TG made them a heck of a good deal, it wasn't his fault Walker/Gore/Kalkhoven had some housekeeping problems. I still think The CCWS will make good on a heck of a lot more teams than I thought they would, twice as many in fact.
        It's always been about the Indy 500!
        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Takes balls to come back from this

If it weren't for the United States military,
          there'd be NO United States of America.

Your son is depriving a village some where of an 'idiot'

Comment

Was that in the michigan 500 where derek daly got hurt or was that in the shorter 250 mile race held in september?

Comment

Mr. Croche you would be correct.

No venom Mack, just an observation. My love for the league is solid, just the lack of information right now is telling of some disorganization regarding said merger.

The Fisher rumor is exciting.
              "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander_48
                This thread seems to have artfully dodged the concept of meaningful conversation and settled for instant pablum. Well, used pablum...
                Well let me lower my voice a few octaves, clear my throat and speak my best William Buckley...

1. Mr. Daly has driven IndyCars and F1. Most of us haven't.

2. As a commentator, Mr. Daly has done nothing but bash the Series which is now the only one standing. How he will integrate himself into this new world is the issue.

The above are two seperate issues. Mutually exclusive, if you will and can be discussed as such.
                "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by jcroche
                  Say what you will about the man (and I'm not a big fan of his), but it takes something special to come back from this:

roach

Thank God we now have safer barriers. Wow!

Comment

If you take a close look at the photo of Daly's accident you will notice that he is indeed holding on to his hollyhocks.

Kidding aside, that was a huge one. Wasn't it John Paul that t-boned him and prevented Daly from going legs first back in to the wall?
                    ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by mdkiel
                      Well let me lower my voice a few octaves, clear my throat and speak my best William Buckley...

1. Mr. Daly has driven IndyCars and F1. Most of us haven't.

2. As a commentator, Mr. Daly has done nothing but bash the Series which is now the only one standing. How he will integrate himself into this new world is the issue.

The above are two seperate issues. Mutually exclusive, if you will and can be discussed as such.
                      This is an outstanding observation!
                      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by mdkiel
                        As a commentator, Mr. Daly has done nothing but bash the Series which is now the only one standing.
                        Originally posted by MarkDonohueFan
                        DD is another one who made his own bed and is now going to grovel to get back into the fold.
                        I don't think he deserves a place in the sport anymore.

The truth is, the guy won almost nothing in his entire career. There probably aren't five people on this forum that can name anything major the guy won at all. Here's a hint, he won Sebring in the car that couldn't lose, the Nissan GTP, and propped up by superior co-drivers.

This is why it's so funny the Cheever bashers carry on and on like they do. Unlike Daly, Cheever started his own team and won races in the IRL. Unlike D
                        Daly, Cheever won multiple World Championship races. Unlike Daly, Cheever was competent enough to keep a job in F1 for a long, long time. Unlike Daly, Cheever won an IROC race.

And, most unlike Daly, Eddie Cheever is an Indianapolis 500 champion.

Funny how the cart/champcar apoligists and Cheever haters society doesn't hold Daly to the same standard and critisize him for not winning anything.

We've seen above the highlight of Daly's Formula One career. here's the highlight of his F-1 career.

Daly does hold one honor though. He's listed prominently as an "F1 reject."

http://www.f1rejects.com/centrale/8w/index.html
                        Last edited by rev-ed; 03-11-2008, 01:05 PM.
                        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Wilma Blanton
                          Was that in the michigan 500 where derek daly got hurt or was that in the shorter 250 mile race held in september?
                          The september 250...

Comment

As a "so called" CART/CC apologist, I for one have never held Mr. Daly in high esteem. He had a great shot at doing something when he was with Williams in 1982 (the year his teammate Keke Rosberg won the World Championship), but never did. Ditto his CART career.

I kind of think his writing a book about racing is akin to Mario Mendoza writing one on hitting, to say nothing of his driving school.

I do think he adds color to his broadcasting and for that he's managed to make a great career out of it, but his driving has never impressed me in the least. Yeah, DD is a wanker as a driver, no question there.

Comment

Speaking of Derek Daly, I would like to wish him a happy birthday today...
                              Never Drink and Drive, Use a 3-Iron...

"Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing." - Robin Miller to CCWS

http://koorsenmfg.com

http://www.mulsannescorner.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X