Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Which type of oval racing do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Which type of oval racing do you prefer?

I couldn't help notice the drivers in the nascar atlanta race were lifting during turns.
    Contrast that do most Indycars oval racing where the right foot is fully planted and no lifting occurs...even at Indy.

So which racing do you prefer?

high downforce setup that allow no lifting and closer (maybe even pack) racing but also require less drivers input.

Low downforce setup that require the drivers to lift, even shift, through a corner. Require more drivers' input but also may lead to spread out field
    Full throttle racing that feaures closer racing but less drivers' input.
    32.37%
    Setup that requires drivers to lift throttle. More driver's input but also more spread out field.
    67.63%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by raskav; 03-12-2008, 12:12 AM.
    Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Counter clockwise. Not that Aussie clockwise stuff.
    www.fairtax.org

Comment

If it's open wheel on an oval, I love it.
      Gregg Sebald

Comment

I like a little lift and drift , but qualifications at Indy were about "flat out" setups years before the Split. Doing it right takes some kinda skills and balls.
        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

I like 'em both, but the races I've attended at Chicagoland and Texas were more fun to watch than the races I attended at Iowa and Richmond. But just barely.
          Life's a reach, and then you jibe.

Comment

I like them all. I have been to Indy, Motegi, Las Vegas, Michigan and Kentucky. They all bring something to the table.
            www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by raskav
              I couldn't help notice the drivers in the nascar atlanta race were lifting during turns.
              Contrast that do most Indycars oval racing where the right foot is fully planted and no lifting occurs...even at Indy.

So which racing do you prefer?

high downforce setup that allow no lifting and closer (maybe even pack) racing but also require less drivers input.

low downforce setup that require the drivers to lift, even shift, through a corner. Require more drivers' input but also may lead to spread out field
              During the actual race at Indy, there a very few totally flat out laps turned.

Comment

All oval racing!!!

America is oval racing. I love the balls to the wall all out every lap stuff as well as gas it down the straits and lift (maybe even brake) going into the corners stuff. It all requires drivers input and only uniformed think other wise.

Comment

Seen races at Indy, Michigan, Kentucky, Nashville and PPIR... I liked them all.
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Where's a both option. I will not vote until there is one because I like both.
                    RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

I don't like pack racing. To me that is a big difference between Indycar and Nascar- in Nascar after 400 miles the field looks pretty much like it did on the first lap but just in different orders. In Indycars that is never the case.

Comment

I voted for the "setup" option.

I've never liked the pack races. But the formula does work pretty well at Indy, I've got to admit.
                        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Chose the second option. I really like the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and The Milwaukee Mile.

Comment

The kind that doesn't involve having road/street races on the schedule.

Comment

I voted close and fast. I think the driver has "input" in all forms of racing. Making the racing less safe doesn't make it any better, imho.
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X