First timer to St. Pete Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer to St. Pete Grand Prix

We are attending the St. Pete race for the first time and I have been searching on line as to what we can take into the track area. There is no information about this on the official web site. So, if any of you have been before can you tell me if we can carry in food, drinks, a backpack with scanner, etc. Thanks for your help.

No food, booze, umbrellas, sidearms, and the rest. Can bring in one bottled water container, as long as it's sealed. It's all on the gpstpete.com. See you there.

Comment

St pete

I think we might also go on Saturday and get some GA tickets for the ALMS race so we can learn our way around.

Jason
      I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

Prohibited items are at the bottom of this pagehttp://www.gpstpete.com/tickets.cfm

If you go Saturday, be sure to go down to the Pioneer Park. You can watch the cars basically go around you on 3 sides from a small hill under the trees. It's a pretty cool vantage point that seemed just far enough away from the grandstands that it wasnt too crowded.

Comment

I went last year and had a backpack with a scanner, sunscreen, binocs and the like and had no problem. They will check your bag but it was no big deal.
          www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by evasive
            Prohibited items are at the bottom of this pagehttp://www.gpstpete.com/tickets.cfm

If you go Saturday, be sure to go down to the Pioneer Park. You can watch the cars basically go around you on 3 sides from a small hill under the trees. It's a pretty cool vantage point that seemed just far enough away from the grandstands that it wasnt too crowded.
            Thanks to all. The Poineer Park idea sounds good. I looked at all the links except the ticket one, duh.

Comment

If you go to Pioneer Park, wear earplugs! In addition to having racecars on 3 sides of you, it is really really noisy. I worked the Downforce booth there a couple years ago and my ears are still ringing.
              Open the pod bay doors, HAL

Comment

I wish I could go this year. Have fun.

I don't care what your diet normally is...go to the track & get one of the footlong corndogs. They are incredible.

Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Hit the Irish bar right on the track at the 6th or 7th turn (Courigans).

As for the track, the whole place is pretty neat. Walk it and take it in on ALMS day. They cover the race pretty well during yellows. IMS radio is on about three channels - pick the FM one.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X