Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing

I keep reading at multiple sites that NHL are confirmed for the 2008 ICS season with Graham Rahal and Justin Wilson, but I don't remember seeing anything official. I just checked the NHL website, and there is no mention of the ICS.

Does anyone have a link to anything official????? :withstupi
    "The guys on the IRL side went beyond fair. It would have been easy for either side to back out, but this time they wouldn't take 'no' for an answer."..... Jimmy Vasser on the merger.

Justin Wilson, and Graham Rahal are listed on the drivers page on Indycar.com. I'd say that's fairly official, but I haven't seen a press release either.

Comment

NHL rarely updates their website prior to the start of the season, trust me as someone who has jumped at every rumour that they were jumping, I've learned this...
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

If it isn't official they probably won't need the car or cars they just got.
        It's always been about the Indy 500!
        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
          If it isn't official they probably won't need the car or cars they just got.
          I believe the point is, why no official announcement from the league or NHL? As stated in another thread, the only news coming out of the IRL right now is the news of teams NOT joining........

Comment

Originally posted by speedy badger
            I believe the point is, why no official announcement from the league or NHL? As stated in another thread, the only news coming out of the IRL right now is the news of teams NOT joining........
            I totally agree. Afterall, we dropped our quarter in the slot, so it all needs to happen right now!
            "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by speedy badger
              That news isn't coming from the league, but from the teams! The league may post it on IndyCar.com after the fact, but they aren't releasing the news.
              "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
              Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
              www.fairtax.org

Comment

I remember reading a press release posted on here shortly after :tg :kk had the presser.

Justin Wilson is going to drive the #02, which will be the McDonald's car. They are still looking for a sponsor for Graham Rahal, but he will drive the #06.

Comment

Originally posted by Powercat
                  I remember reading a press release posted on here shortly after :tg :kk had the presser.

Justin Wilson is going to drive the #02, which will be the McDonald's car. They are still looking for a sponsor for Graham Rahal, but he will drive the #06.
                  So they're going NASCAR style with their numbers adding a "0" to them?
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

They like those numbers but they're already taken. Using numbers beginning with 0 are now apparently OK since TG used 02 in the Indy 500 last year for Davey.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
                      So they're going NASCAR style with their numbers adding a "0" to them?
                      They already did last year.
                      "The IRL has let me down.... 2002 was the last year of the IRL... They pushed out the guys that they created the sport for..." - Billy Boat

Comment

Originally posted by 225_at_Indy
                        They already did last year.
                        NHL? No they didn't...IIRC, Sebastien had #1 and Graham had #2.

Comment

We may have to wait for the preHomestead test to get a better idea, but I would be shocked if NHL isn't in the mix and competitive too.

Comment

Might be a touch slow on the ovals at first as Wilson and Rahal get acclimated to them. But i see Wilson as a raw talent, it wont take them long.
                            In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
                            -Tony Renna
                            -Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by Gasoline Alley
                              Might be a touch slow on the ovals at first as Wilson and Rahal get acclimated to them. But i see Wilson as a raw talent, it wont take them long.
                              For sure. Wilson has had some experience on ovals and Rahal strikes me as a very savvy kid. Plus, they have team members who have a LOT of experience and have had their hands on an IRL chassis (albeit a G-Force...but still, there can be some data they can use).

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X