With a lot more drivers scheduled to be at Indy this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a lot more drivers scheduled to be at Indy this year

do you think they should go back to the origional qualifying format?

I'm not convinced there will be a lot of new drivers at Indy.

Regardless, I say 'no'.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I seem to remember a lot of positive reviews for the format last year from media and fans.
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

yes
        "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

I liked the format last year as well. t does have to be noted that I don't have a long time attachment to the old system since I just started watching the ICS beginning with the 05 500.

Comment

Originally posted by acfinn
            . t does have to be noted that I don't have a long time attachment to the old system since I just started watching the ICS beginning with the 05 500.

that's a trip

I wonder what my life would be like if I had no Knowledge of The 500 mile Race for the last 20 years

my mind wonders to much, sometimes
            "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
              I seem to remember a lot of positive reviews for the format last year from media and fans.
              And I seem to remember a lot of us qualifying that praise with, 'but if the car count ever gets back up to where it should be, we need to go back to the old system.'

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                And I seem to remember a lot of us qualifying that praise with, 'but if the car count ever gets back up to where it should be, we need to go back to the old system.'
                Dale Manus

Comment

No way. I'd really love to see what the new format would look like if there were over 40 driver/car combos. I also think this format makes day 2 qualifying actually worth something.

I've been an Indy 500 fan my whole life. I think the new format is better. We've only seen a brief look at what it was designed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRunner500
                    do you think they should go back to the origional qualifying format?
                    Well I know who are doing one-offs, and with at least 28 regular season drivers by Kansas and perhaps more, there should be at least 38 entries for Indy, and with 3rd cars, perhaps 42.
                    It's always been about the Indy 500!
                    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Snakepit
                      No way. I'd really love to see what the new format would look like if there were over 40 driver/car combos. I also think this format makes day 2 qualifying actually worth something.

I've been an Indy 500 fan my whole life. I think the new format is better. We've only seen a brief look at what it was designed to do.
                      It's always been about the Indy 500!
                      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

I like a hybrid of each system. You get 3 attempts per car per day but no 11-11-11 rule. If 30 guys want to put it in the race on pole day that's ok with me.

Comment

Originally posted by acfinn
                          I liked the format last year as well. t does have to be noted that I don't have a long time attachment to the old system since I just started watching the ICS beginning with the 05 500.

I've been to 35 Indy 500s and I think the old system sucked. I have heard from waaaay too many friends who attended qualifications on either the 2nd or 3rd days and thought it sucked. I agree with them.

The new system is brilliant regardless of how many cars attempt to make the field.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

...I would like to see an abundance of cars and drivers coupled with 4 beautiful qualifying days to fully realize the potential of the current qualifying format first. So in a word, no.
                            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                              Thank You.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X