Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does this diecast have...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why does this diecast have...

    Short track wings on it? Was this the only diecast made of Montoya's Indy 500 win?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Action-1-18-Targ...QQcmdZViewItem

  • #2
    It's the only one that I am aware of. Looks just like the one I bought in 2003 at our local store. Don't know why the wing configuration is done that way.

    Comment


    • #3
      ...just like my Tony Stewart 1999 Home Depot Oldsmobile/G-Force die-cast. It also has the short-oval wings which the actual car was raced only at Indianapolis.

      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hotdog1
        Short track wings on it? Was this the only diecast made of Montoya's Indy 500 win?

        http://cgi.ebay.com/Action-1-18-Targ...QQcmdZViewItem


        Better question is why this guy thinks it will bring $112?!?!?!
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

        Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

        Comment


        • #5
          They made one version and just changed the paint and design. Cheap, no interest in accurate details, that is what is wrong with the market then.

          That is why I only have the AJ Foyt roadster, the original that was sold in the IMS Gift Shop. I have it as a tribute to the man, I don't know what it is worth because I wouldn't sell it. AJ was kind enough to sign the car.
          Last edited by Mack Too; 03-08-2008, 10:42 PM.
          It's always been about the Indy 500!
          I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

          Comment


          • #6
            indyracefan, as a multi-year pit road yellow shirt, I had my first pick of the cars in our section of pit road to accompany out on the front straightaway to lineup for the start of that race. I picked Tony's car, I thought for sure he would win. I stood there at the nose of the car throughout all the ceremonies, the National Anthem, Gomer singing Back Home Again in Indiana and engine start. After that I went up against the outside wall and stood there until the entire field passed. Then I jumped the trench and was stationed behind Tony's pit.

            Other drivers I did that for included John Andretti and Bryan Herta in Foyt cars (one of those years I stood on the 'yard of bricks') and Teo Fabi in the Forsythe car the year I thought he would win. That day Gerry Forsythe hung around after engine start and I asked him if he would like to stay out with me, he said yes and we stood by the outside wall, after which we ran together to the team's pit. I don't think he even thanked me. Some of those years run together, but the year the Medal of Honor winners were there, I think they did a P-51 flyover and I just lost it, caught up in the moment. I was afraid I would be shown on TV with tears in my eyes.

            ...just like my Tony Stewart 1999 Home Depot Oldsmobile/G-Force die-cast. It also has the short-oval wings which the actual car was raced only at Indianapolis.
            It's always been about the Indy 500!
            I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mack Too
              They made one version and just changed the paint and design. Cheap, no interest in accurate details, that is what is wrong with the market then.
              ...that's what I was thinking as well. My die-cast was made by Maisto, and while it's nice it's also cheezy-cheap.


              Originally posted by Mack Too
              That is why I only have the AJ Foyt roadster, the original that was sold in the IMS Gift Shop. I have it as a tribute to the man, I don't know what it is worth because I wouldn't sell it. AJ was kind enough to sign the car.
              ...oh there's no way you could ever sell that or put a price on it.


              Originally posted by Mack Too
              indyracefan, as a multi-year pit road yellow shirt, I had my first pick of the cars in our section of pit road to accompany out on the front straightaway to lineup for the start of that race. I picked Tony's car, I thought for sure he would win. I stood there at the nose of the car throughout all the ceremonies, the National Anthem, Gomer singing Back Home Again in Indiana and engine start. After that I went up against the outside wall and stood there until the entire field passed. Then I jumped the trench and was stationed behind Tony's pit.

              Other drivers I did that for included John Andretti and Bryan Herta in Foyt cars (one of those years I stood on the 'yard of bricks') and Teo Fabi in the Forsythe car the year I thought he would win. That day Gerry Forsythe hung around after engine start and I asked him if he would like to stay out with me, he said yes and we stood by the outside wall, after which we ran together to the team's pit. I don't think he even thanked me. Some of those years run together, but the year the Medal of Honor winners were there, I think they did a P-51 flyover and I just lost it, caught up in the moment. I was afraid I would be shown on TV with tears in my eyes.

              ...very, very cool. Thanks for sharing!
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

              Comment


              • #8
                The Carousel 1 Diecasts are incredible, the diecasts of the more recent cars are usually error filled.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mack Too
                  indyracefan, as a multi-year pit road yellow shirt, I had my first pick of the cars in our section of pit road to accompany out on the front straightaway to lineup for the start of that race. I picked Tony's car, I thought for sure he would win. I stood there at the nose of the car throughout all the ceremonies, the National Anthem, Gomer singing Back Home Again in Indiana and engine start. After that I went up against the outside wall and stood there until the entire field passed. Then I jumped the trench and was stationed behind Tony's pit.

                  Other drivers I did that for included John Andretti and Bryan Herta in Foyt cars (one of those years I stood on the 'yard of bricks') and Teo Fabi in the Forsythe car the year I thought he would win. That day Gerry Forsythe hung around after engine start and I asked him if he would like to stay out with me, he said yes and we stood by the outside wall, after which we ran together to the team's pit. I don't think he even thanked me. Some of those years run together, but the year the Medal of Honor winners were there, I think they did a P-51 flyover and I just lost it, caught up in the moment. I was afraid I would be shown on TV with tears in my eyes.

                  Great post, Miles.

                  Thanks.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

                  Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is Tony Stewerts car by the way and it did not win the race.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There's another thread somewhere showing a diecast COT Dale Earnhardt #3 . Accuracy is usually never a consideration when they build these things.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Midget Fan
                        There's another thread somewhere showing a diecast COT Dale Earnhardt #3 . Accuracy is usually never a consideration when they build these things.
                        no kidding.

                        I wish Greenlight would update their Dallara model.
                        http://tuckgraphics.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Truth Detector
                          Better question is why this guy thinks it will bring $112?!?!?!
                          LOL, with the merger, Ebay has gotten a bit insane. But this is the only JPM Indy winner. I have a few and the first one was a Greg Ray winner and that was done in a SO setup as well. Kinda like CC making super speedway Lolas, or Reynards for the last 5 years,,LOL.
                          More road and street courses please! Thank You :worship:
                          http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/
                          http://www.autisimspeaks.org

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by saidhead
                            no kidding.

                            I wish Greenlight would update their Dallara model.
                            I would say Greenlight isn't to far away on their Dallaras. Need a little bit of addons, but nothing like a Lola.

                            I enjoy working with them. Their mostly metal, and their suspension is SUPERIOR to anything Action made in the last 15 years. Very durable.
                            More road and street courses please! Thank You :worship:
                            http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/
                            http://www.autisimspeaks.org

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford
                              The Carousel 1 Diecasts are incredible, the diecasts of the more recent cars are usually error filled.
                              Carousels have their share of shortcomings too... but overall they are mostly trivial. Overall they are probably the best diecasts out there.
                              "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

                              2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

                              2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

                              2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X