Tracy Looking for a Less-Crappy Crapwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy Looking for a Less-Crappy Crapwagon

The mergificated IndyCar series needs Paul Tracy. Here's hoping he can find a crapwagon that is de-crapped enough for him to drive it.

Tracy Holding out for a Less-Crappy Crapwagon
    Humor! www.pressdog.com

Since its pressdog - its funny.

Very funny actually that he calls up TG and says he wants an IRL ride. Tony says "give me a couple days" and then Tracy blabs in the media about how he doesn't want to drive for TG's team Vision racing but instead a better team. Too funny.

Pickers can't be choosers. Here's what I'd do- I'd put Tracy, Alex Llyod and Raphael Matos in a car and test them at a road course and an oval course. Best overall times get a full ride seat. My guess is Paul would not win.

We'll see him at Long Beach and Indy and then its time to hang up the peroxide.

Comment

The cars of the IRL IndyCar Series were NEVER "c********s, no matter what some bunch of haters said. Just MHO here, but I wish that word was never allowed here again. There is no basis in fact for the claim, and it serves no purpose now anyway. This is counter-productive to the efforts made by a lot of people working hard to make this deal work.
      It's always been about the Indy 500!
      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Who got tossed
        applesauce?

On a serious note,
        I'm sure things will get worked out
        Paul Tracy needs to be a part of the new series
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I agree that the word is infuriating and has no basis in fact. But the PressDog article uses it in context, since that is actually what Paul Tracy said several years ago. I think in this case, it is used without trying to denegrate the whole series like those idiots in the graveyard forum do.

Comment

The point is, I think, that suddenly Tracy isn't so against c-wagons, so maybe he was foolish to use the c-wagon word in the first place. One man's c-wagon is another man's meal ticket. I find it amusing to see Tracy chasing what he once said he would never drive. But, for the good of the series, he needs to be on the grid.
            Humor! www.pressdog.com

Comment

Originally posted by homeslice
              The point is, I think, that suddenly Tracy isn't so against c-wagons, so maybe he was foolish to use the c-wagon word in the first place. One man's c-wagon is another man's meal ticket. I find it amusing to see Tracy chasing what he once said he would never drive. But, for the good of the series, he needs to be on the grid.

You make a good point.

Comment

How about the originator of the term? What's his take?
                There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

I take comfort in the fact that a whole lot of people are about to find out just how good both the Dallara and Honda are, or at least the NEW Dallara's, I'm thinking most of the pool cars would make good show cars. I hope those that do run the new Dallara's will step up and say the right thing.
                  I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by carl s
                    Who got tossed
                    applesauce?

On a serious note,
                    I'm sure things will get worked out
                    Paul Tracy needs to be a part of the new series

I heard that the guy who waves the red flag with the yellow X, signifying "pits closed" was looking to retire, maybe we have an opening???
                    Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                      The cars of the IRL IndyCar Series were NEVER "c********s, no matter what some bunch of haters said.
                      I guess that's a matter of opinion, not fact. The term crapwagon is just a nickname that your "haters" use. I don't like them and have never liked them. I hope the new cars look and perform better. But if you like them, well, I am glad that you'll get to enjoy them for your season ahead.
                      cheers

Comment

I didn't like the first version. I kind of liked the second version Panoz and now the third version Dallara. But for sure, they aren't as cool looking as the pre-split Indycars were (my favorites were Emo's '89 car, Rahal in '86, and Mears '84 ).

Comment

Paul was the trailblazer for failed OW forays into Nascar.
                          He really doesn't have much negotiating strength for rides anywhere that I can see, other than 2nd tier stuff.
                          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by VonScratch
                            I guess that's a matter of opinion, not fact. The term crapwagon is just a nickname that your "haters" use. I don't like them and have never liked them. I hope the new cars look and perform better. But if you like them, well, I am glad that you'll get to enjoy them for your season ahead.
                            cheers
                            I hope you can find a series you do like then and leave what you don't like alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                              I hope you can find a series you do like then and leave what you don't like alone.
                              I was rather curious over VS' choice of words, also.

"But if you like them, well, I am glad that YOU'LL get to enjoy them for YOUR season ahead."

It's like he/she doesn't care about this season and doesn't plan on watching it. So why make a big darn deal about the chassis....which, IMO, has improved over the years.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X