Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very little former Champ Car teams news. What gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very little former Champ Car teams news. What gives?

Are we gonna hear something or what?

Its oh so quiet these days and so far it looks pretty much like a regular IRL season. When are these guys gonna wake up and get ready for the season (which is about ready to start fellas)?

I'm sure the teams are doing everything they can to get ready. It's the PR office that needs to get their backsides in gear.

Comment

In about ten days we will have a weeks worth of news, I hope they adjust to the Dallara quickly and run well. The best news would be that some of them get into the 52's at Sebring, I think they will.
      It's always been about the Indy 500!
      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

It's been just over a week since the agreement in principle was announced.
        "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
        -John Morley

Comment

The CCWS board approved the bankruptcy filing on Feb 14 so the writing was on the wall at that point.

Comment

I wanna see some new paint schemes and car numbers. Lol, 2008 is HERE people!
            77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
            - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

And sponsor announcements. And driver line ups. And TV commercials. And print ads. Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by millrace
                And sponsor announcements. And driver line ups. And TV commercials. And print ads. Etc.

AWWW, now your just talkin' gibberish!!!!!!!

This "let's just put it out there and hope they find it" ad campaign has been such a huge success to this point.

30 second ad. ABC primetime. Run it two or three times per night. "Watch "Dancing with the Stars" winner Helio Castroneves slug it out against Marco Andretti, Danica Patrick, Graham Rahal and others in a unified Indy Car Series dogfight on the oval at Homestead, March 29th..........

oh, I better lay down, the twenty seconds it took my crack marketing and promotion team (me), to come up with that was exhausting.:keule:
                Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

Originally posted by millrace
                  Are we gonna hear something or what?

Its oh so quiet these days and so far it looks pretty much like a regular IRL season. When are these guys gonna wake up and get ready for the season (which is about ready to start fellas)?
                  Some of them just got their cars, some don't even have cars, what kind of news would you like them to make?

They have 2 tests coming up, they'll make plenty of news then.

Comment

You are a genius. We can't all be expected to do great things like you have done for marketing.

Honestly though, if TG can throw $30 million at a unification, why can't they get some ads out there, right?

Comment

I hope you realize that response was directed towards the league and not you.

This, being my point 100%:

Honestly though, if TG can throw $30 million at a unification, why can't they get some ads out there, right?
                      Kind of hard to watch when, unless you are already a fan, you don't know when nor where to tune in.

I totally agree with you.

Helio and DWTS hooked 'em, now I'd like to see them try to reel a few in.
                      Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

I just took the silence as a sign they were a little busy.

Comment

SeeUinMay - I got your humor. I was attempting a dry humored response. We are both in agreement now.

Yes, the silence could be a good thing. But its not good for promotion and advertising. I know its a lot to ask to have these teams get out a media barrage, but I would think at least one or two teams would have been a little more vocal by now.

I can't even find a former CCWS team's website with IRL updates yet. Hope lots starts happening soon.

Comment

The absorbtion/meldification...what have you...just happened last week. The teams are busy getting drivers, cars, sponsors, etc... in place. They have 11 days before the Sebring tests and 2 weeks before the first race. I'm sure we'll be hearing some announcements soon. I wonder if everyone will answer the bell for the tests or we could see someone not make the Homestead race.
                            Remember, folks, this is new. It happened VERY fast. And somethings take time to sort out.

Comment

Originally posted by SoHoosier
                              I just took the silence as a sign they were a little busy.
                              Series officials are working 7 days a week right now. You might be on to something.

Our Columbus Clark fan is on the mark - hard to make good news out of nothing, and the teams don't yet have their chariots...
                              ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X