Need Advice for Nashville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice for Nashville

ok, this year wife and friends are going to visit family in Nashville and fit in the Race there: I've been to Kentucky and Texas before but know nothing about Nashville and their website is very low on good information.... was wondering if anyone had some advice/answers for me.

1 - best seating, is premium worth it or is it simply just chairbacks? are any of the stands covered?

2/3 - anything happen on qualifying day aside from practice/qualifying? I'll go regardless but the rest of the group isn't interested if its just that....introducing 4 and 7yr old nephews; they're already excited but I'd want to give them the whole experience, are there autograph session on either qualifying or race day like kentucky...

4 - lastly... it has "Fan Walk Pass" available but doesn't say what it includes... anyone know, is it just pre-race pit pass, anything more/less?

anyone got a general overview of what to expect there?
    Last edited by SandWedge; 03-07-2008, 03:18 PM.
    Grab Bag Sports - Sports News & Analysis Guaranteed to raise your IQ or your money back!

1- I've only been once, but if you ask me, the high seats outside of the $100+ seats are just as good as the expensive seats. Yes, they're basically seat backs, but there is also free soda with the expensive seats.

2/3- Only went race day and it rained last year.

4- the fan pass gets you into the infield and is totally worth it. It gives you a lot to do if you end up going early. Totally worth it and it's pretty easy to slip into the garage area.

Edit: Oh, and I think all events other than indy have an autograph session on qualifying day. There was one on the schedule for friday last year.
    is it May yet?

Comment

1 You can see the whole track from any seat in the house. All you get in the Premium + seating is a chairback, your own concessions and maybe closer parking. But the rest of the seats are bleacher backs and regular concessions and parking are fine
      2/3 There is an autograph session on Friday.
      4 If you are going by yourself on Friday get a Cold Pit pass for $25. It's worth it and you can use the money you save from not getting the $100 seats. You have to call the Speedway to get these.

Comment

It is very fan friendly, although the racing action is not the best due to the concrete surface because it becomes a one groove track. I have been the past three years, and last year was miserable as the only place in the state that it was raining was at the track.

Go downtown the night before and see the Dempsey's they are a riot to watch. Great nightlife in Nashville.

Comment

I think it is awesome that you are planning a trip to Nashville and seeing the race. First off, the seats are not covered, but it's a night race and the sun won't be beating on you. I get the mid level seats, but that is just me. The stadium is convenient to walk about, but there are some stairs to climb for the mid to upper level seats. The fan walk gets you to the garage and pit area, but it won't let you IN the garage area. Get a Cold Pit Pass/Garage pass. It is well worth it. Also, get out to the track around noon and get good use of the pass. Friday Qualifying will get you to line up and meet the drivers and get their autographs. Hanging out on Friday is a blast and I have met Rick Mears and Al Sr while there. It doesn't get much better in Nashville. Again, I'm glad your planning on coming, it's my "home track," I'm proud of it and I know you'll have a great time. By the way, I tailgate every year so stop by a break bread with my crew. One more note, the early evening views from the stands are breathtaking. The Tennessee hills around there are beautiful and the flyover is something.

Comment

I haven't been to the race, but use to live in the area. After the track, head down to Church St for a beverage or two and if it is still there, head over to the Stockyard for an incredible steak. When we were there about 10 years ago it was one of the best steak that I have ever had!!!

Comment

What JohnMc says, he is a native, and never misses a race. He "covered" the race for me last year when I couldn't go. Spend a couple evenings in the clubs on lower Broadway, I'll be there too.
              It's always been about the Indy 500!
              I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                What JohnMc says, he is a native, and never misses a race. He "covered" the race for me last year when I couldn't go. Spend a couple evenings in the clubs on lower Broadway, I'll be there too.

Robert's is the place to go on lower Broad

Comment

thanks

thanks for all the great advice guys. Not sure the master plan just yet, I know I'll be there both days, just not sure if the nephews can handle both as ther're still a little young, plus some of the family/friends (wives) won't want to do both days but no reason the guys can't...

I've definitely mastered the road trip; I'm from Baton Rouge which is basiclly near nothing especially motorsports-wise, Capitol-City Drag Strip, a minor league soccer team and LSU with the Saints 1 hour away... its a killer as it is but growing up a huge Indycar fan, yeesh...

Road trips are the best, trying to put as many pins in the map as possible, next week is couple college baseball stadiums, then going to try and hit a couple indy races in the summer; nashville's the only definite so far though...

If "Louisiana International Speedway" ever actually happens I'll be glad to return the favor....(its been announced twice in the past 6 years but both times got shot down; once by politics, the second time by it being backed by a fraud)
                  Last edited by SandWedge; 03-07-2008, 03:24 PM.
                  Grab Bag Sports - Sports News & Analysis Guaranteed to raise your IQ or your money back!

Comment

Originally posted by SandWedge
                    thanks for all the great advice guys. Not sure the master plan just yet, I know I'll be there both days, just not sure if the nephews can handle both as ther're still a little young, plus some of the family/friends (wives) won't want to do both days but no reason the guys can't...

I've definitely mastered the road trip; I'm from Baton Rouge which is basiclly near nothing especially motorsports-wise, Capitol-City Drag Strip, a minor league soccer team and LSU with the Saints 1 hour away... its a killer as it is but growing up a huge Indycar fan, yeesh...

Road trips are the best, trying to put as many pins in the map as possible, next week is couple college baseball stadiums, then going to try and hit a couple indy races in the summer; nashville's the only definite so far though...

If "Louisiana International Speedway" ever actually happens I'll be glad to return the favor....(its been announced twice in the past 6 years but both times got shot down; once by politics, the second time by it being backed by a fraud)
                    I am from Alexandria, Louisiana, and totally understand your plight. Do yourself a favor and road trip to Indy. If you want to hit Kentucky sometime let me know and I'll see what I can do with some tickets. Don't forget you have Texas Motor Speedway not too far from you. GEAUX TIGERS!

Comment

We ordered our Nashville tickets two weeks ago and ended up 4 rows from the top, so I think we should be in good shape!

Comment

i echo the "get the garage pass" sentiment.

we went to nashville in 2004 and had garage passes. it was pretty much like having a bronze badge at indy. definitely worth it.

and as others have said, you can see the whole track from the "cheap seats".
                        http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SoHoosier
                          We ordered our Nashville tickets two weeks ago and ended up 4 rows from the top, so I think we should be in good shape!

I ordered an rv pass for the backstretch last week. Going to load up the recreational vehicle and make the long 10 minute drive to the track for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by boomer
                            Robert's is the place to go on lower Broad
                            http://www.robertswesternworld.com/
                            It's always been about the Indy 500!
                            I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
                              I had the time of my life covering the race for O/IRR, too. The Tailgate starts early and lasts all day. Chicken, brats and your fabulous ribs if you can. Friday qualifying is going to be awesome this year. I really look forward to the 4 lap times.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X