Here

Good read!
    More road and street courses please! Thank You :worship:
    http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/
    http://www.autisimspeaks.org

Comment

i think finally there are more tf's realizing that robin has our passion

Comment

"So forget the past 13 years, all the venom and weasels on both sides. If you have passion for open wheel, you know it’s going to take everyone pulling together."

That's rich coming from one of the most venomous of weasels for the last 13 years.

Robin, just so we're clear, you personally have spent those last 13 years damaging your credibility and trustworthiness.

Although I'll continue to support open wheel racing in America, the jury ain't gonna be back in quickly when it comes to trusting anything you have to say.
        "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

No. Tony is not or ever will be Bernie.
          Runs...................................

Bernie started out as a mechanic and worked his way up as opposed to being born into it.
          Big difference if you ask me.

I do not mean to disrespect Tony with my comments.
          :tg :kk

Comment

Wow! Bernie E. doesn't remember where he came from does he. In my book

Bernie E. = snob.

Originally posted by steal your face
            Runs...................................

Bernie started out as a mechanic and worked his way up as opposed to being born into it.
            Big difference if you ask me.

I do not mean to disrespect Tony with my comments.
            :tg :kk

Comment

Originally posted by steal your face
              Oh, I don't know. Tony sometimes reminds me a great deal of Bernie.

Of course, it depends upon which Bernie you're talking about.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

I don't agree with the part about TG giving up his team. In my opinion, it's the experience of being a team owner that has made TG more sensitive to the economic realities affecting the series and the other teams in the series today. Sponsorship, operating costs, travel costs, etc. He now has real world experience with those and I believe the series is better for it.

Comment

First of all, while the white paper brought about CART, it changed nothing. Actually CART was worse, the owners ran the sport, and stole all the money, instead of the promoters, until the promoters quit. Then the owners lost money promoting, and they quit, taking whatever money that was left with them. Dan was once an owner. The one thing the white paper was correct about was that USAC had to go, but it wasn't until the USAC scoring screw-up with AJ/Arie at TMS that Tony dumped them (and there are still ex-USAC types in ICS tech). The claims and demands in the white paper still pertain today, and always will be an issue between racers and promoters/racing series.

It appears now that Miller:mad: (I'm back at that) still has to get his shots in when he says:
                  So now Tony George, who started the IRL in 1996 because he wanted to be king, sits alone on the throne.
                  I thought he was over that?

Anyone that knows Tony George's demeanor knows he doesn't have the ego needed to do that, Tony George wanted to have a series he could depend on to run in the Indy 500 under the financial and speed restraints he thought were needed, and CART refused to run the Indy 500 under any rules but their own.
                  It's always been about the Indy 500!
                  I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Fueler
                    I don't agree with the part about TG giving up his team. In my opinion, it's the experience of being a team owner that has made TG more sensitive to the economic realities affecting the series and the other teams in the series today. Sponsorship, operating costs, travel costs, etc. He now has real world experience with those and I believe the series is better for it.
                    Tony George has built a heck of a team, who would buy it and run it any better. George has hired all the right people to run the series, all he needs to do is oversee it and make the most important decisions.
                    It's always been about the Indy 500!
                    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

I'm for Tony George owning the series and remaining as a car owner. At the same time he needs to hire someone to run the league, someone who runs the cost of what he will be doing past TG, only a fool lets someone spend their money without knowing where it's going, but no veto power over the substance of the expenditure.

While he isn't the person, the retirement of Brett Favre shows the type of leadership that the league needs. Someone with the attitude of a quarterback who sees the big picture of what he has around him and utilizes the strengths and does his best to lead the weaker parts so they don't hurt the effort. A person who encourages everyone around him to offer what they think and listens but when the decision has to be made, one person makes it and that's what everyone gets on board with. No buddies, no cronies, no family members, no long time loyal staffers, nobody who finally deserves to get a fancy title, but a person who wants the job because he wants to make a difference in the sport.

CART pretty well established that the leadership by board and committee method didn't pay off. The current IRL setup with a commercial and competition division along with IMS being a key factor is fine for the second level of management but the league needs to have that one person on top of the chart that is outfront to the public and media and has the final call on what the league does.
                      "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                      "They're criminals"
                      "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff
                        That's rich coming from one of the most venomous of weasels for the last 13 years.
                        i see we are talking about tony george again
                        It's a league game, Smokey

Comment

Originally posted by NSRSBoiler
                          i see we are talking about tony george again
                          Name one thing he ever said to disparage any individual or organization over the last 14 years.
                          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
                            I'm for Tony George owning the series and remaining as a car owner. At the same time he needs to hire someone to run the league, someone who runs the cost of what he will be doing past TG, only a fool lets someone spend their money without knowing where it's going, but no veto power over the substance of the expenditure.

While he isn't the person, the retirement of Brett Favre shows the type of leadership that the league needs. Someone with the attitude of a quarterback who sees the big picture of what he has around him and utilizes the strengths and does his best to lead the weaker parts so they don't hurt the effort. A person who encourages everyone around him to offer what they think and listens but when the decision has to be made, one person makes it and that's what everyone gets on board with. No buddies, no cronies, no family members, no long time loyal staffers, nobody who finally deserves to get a fancy title, but a person who wants the job because he wants to make a difference in the sport.

CART pretty well established that the leadership by board and committee method didn't pay off. The current IRL setup with a commercial and competition division along with IMS being a key factor is fine for the second level of management but the league needs to have that one person on top of the chart that is outfront to the public and media and has the final call on what the league does.
                            I think TG is moving in the direction you suggest above. While some would like a top down approach TG seems to be going the ground up approach. While some may have issues here or there with certain people on the current management team, it seems to me anyway that for the most part Terry Angstadt, Brian Barnhart, and Tony Cotman are pretty well respected. A solid "team" might be the ingredient needed to lure that top notch leader. I guess at this point only TG knows that. Then again, maybe he even doesn't know. The next couple of years sure will tell us.
                            "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                            Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                            www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too

Anyone that knows Tony George's demeanor knows he doesn't have the ego needed to do that, Tony George wanted to have a series he could depend on to run in the Indy 500 under the financial and speed restraints he thought were needed, and CART refused to run the Indy 500 under any rules but their own.
                              The hammer squarely hits the nail on it's head with this statement!
                              God speed!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X