National Geographic channel - Zanardi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Geographic channel - Zanardi

National Geographic channel has been running promos for a show that's going to be on tonight at 9pm and midnite (eastern) essentially about people having accidents they shouldn't have survived - one of the people profiled is going to be Alex Zanardi.
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

he is my hero, still racing too.

Comment

"If it bleeds, it leads"

If the entertainment industry, National GeoGRAPHIC included, thought they could get away with it they'd be showing the proverbial headless corpse like a Tijuana newspaper.
      "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

alex zanardi is AWESOME !! definately one of my racing heros and I set my DVR the second I saw that commercial.

His book is a good read for any racing fan.

Comment

History is showing the Modern Marvels about racing safety, its a few years old but still interesting.
          "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

bump - coming on soon
            I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be watching with my Barilla/Zanardi hat on! Alessandro is one of the greats.
              "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake
                National Geographic channel has been running promos
                It isn't call that anymore... they are using the hipper "Nat-Geo".
                "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

So I'm watching the Zanardi piece with my 10 year old daughter (the recreated bloody scenes freaked her out so I had to shield her eyes) and then a commercial for this stupid show they are pushing called Population Zero or something like that about the extinction of man comes on. That freaked her out worse than the blood.

Zanardi is an inspiration........and my daughter was amazed at his attitude.
                  "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                  Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                  www.fairtax.org

Comment

The Earth without man show is pretty awesome, its not a doom and gloom type of thing just a scenario of what the earth would be like if Humans just vanished.

As for this show, I'm 23 and I had to look away at the recreation of the accident. Seeing the live video still gives me that heart in my mouth feeling.

I hate that they call it Nat-Geo can people these days not pronounce whole words.
                    "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X