Could Rocketsports be in after all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Rocketsports be in after all?

They'd pretty much been written off, but a story has come out today that they may be in with a pair of cars after all. I'll post the story on the off chance that someone here can read Finnish, but the jist appears to be Juho Annala, a former F3 driver who had tested an Atlantic earlier, may be driving for them as a teammate to Enrique Bernoldi. Bernoldi had been announced as their Champ Car driver, but it looked like that deal was off after the merger. Maybe we've got two more cars.

Juho Annala Indy-sarjaan

7.3.2008, 10.34 (pنivitetty 15.38)

Aiemmin Englannin F3-sarjassa loistaneelle Juho Annalalle on varmistunut tallipaikka Yhdysvaltain suurimpaan formulasarjaan Indy Cariin. Vielن tammikuussa Annala testasi Champ Car Atlantic -sarjan autoa, mutta hyvin menneiden testien ja Yhdysvaltain rata-autoilusarjojen muutoksien ansiosta Annalallle avautui yllنttنen paikka sarjaan.

Yhdysvaltain kaksi suurinta formulasarjaa Champ Car World Series ja Indy Racing League yhdistyivنt yllنttنen 22. tammikuuta. Uusi yhdistynyt sarja on Formula 1 -sarjan jنlkeen maailman toiseksi seuratuin autourheilusarja ja Yhdysvaltojen seuratuin.

Juho Annalan tallipaikka on yhden USA:n vaikutusvaltaisimman moottoriurheilupersoonan, Paul Gentilozzin omistamassa Rocketsports Racing -tiimissن. Gentilozzi on vaikuttanut aikaisemmin muun muassa entisen Champ Car World Series -sarjan osaomistajana. Talli ajattaa kauden aikana 1-3 autoa sarjassa, ja Juhon tallikaverina ajaa todennنkِisesti Formula 1 -sarjastakin tuttu Enrique Bernoldi. Rocketsports Racingin entisiin tنhtiin kuuluvat muun muassa Formula 1 -kuskit Timo Glock ja Antonio Pizzonia.

- Koska paikan varmistuminen meni nنin lنhelle sarjan alkua, ei vielن ole tنysin varmaa, missن kilpailussa Juho ajaa ensimmنisen Indy Car -kilpailunsa. Sarjojen myِhنisen yhdistymisen takia Juhon talli ei vielن ole saanut uusia autojaan valmiiksi, ja kنymme para-aikaa sponsorointineuvotteluja useiden mahdollisten yhteistyِkumppanien kanssa. Yhteistyِkumppaneita haetaan ennen kaikkea kotimaisista vientiyrityksistن, joita Indy-sarjan huikea nنkyvyys kiinnostaa. Tavoitteemme on saada kaikki kuntoon sarjan toiseen kilpailuun Long Beachiin, joka ajetaan huhtikuun 18.-20. pنivن, mutta viimeistننn toukokuussa ajettavaan legendaariseen Indy 500 -kilpailuun, Sportyard Oy:n moottoriurheilusta vastaava manageri Max Sِderstrِm kertoo.

Juho Annala seuraa Indy Car -sarjassa Mika Salon ja Jyrki Jنrvilehdon jalanjنlkiن. Tنhنn mennessن suomalaiskuskit eivنt ole saaneet vaativassa sarjassa mainittavampaa menestystن.

- Uskon, ettن ajotyylini sopii loistavasti Indy Car -sarjaan. Tavoitteeni onkin olla kaikkien aikojen menestynein suomalainen kuski sarjassa. Paikka Indy Car -sarjassa ylittنن villeimmنtkin unelmani. Odottelenkin mielenkiinnolla sponsoriehdokkaiden yhteydenottoja, Annala sanoo.

seem like theyre real big on the letter "k"

and the letter "y" over there
    Live like Dave

Comment

My Finnish may be a little rusty, but I think it says that the only way they will compete in the ICS is if the engines were moved to the front and they started running Winchester,Salem, and Terre Haute.
      Last edited by StandB-T; 03-07-2008, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StandB-T
        My Finnish may be a little rusty, but I think it says that the only way they will compete in the ICS is if the engines were moved to the front and they started running Winchester,Salem, and Terra Haute.
        I sense i bit of sarcasm.....
        In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
        -Tony Renna
        -Dan Wheldon

Comment

My Finnish may be a little rusty, but I think it says that the only way they will compete in the ICS is if the engines were moved to the front and they started running Winchester,Salem, and Terra Haute.
          I can hear it now: The Flying Finn of Winchester.
          "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
          Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
          www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by Gasoline Alley
            I sense i bit of sarcasm.....
            Sorry, I could not help myself. :withstupi

Comment

I heard that there will be 3 rocket cars at Long Beach, and 1-2 after japan in IRL

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ
                seem like theyre real big on the letter "k"

and the letter "y" over there
                We're big on the letter "h" around here.
                "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

We won't mention the letter "f"

Comment

My Finnish may be a little rusty, but I think it says that the only way they will compete in the ICS is if the engines were moved to the front and they started running Winchester,Salem, and Terre Haute.
                    Only 47 posts in 3 years, but he makes em count!

Comment

That's the way I read it too. Actully a very well-connected CCWS PPV site is confirming at least the Finn. That is amazing, probably everyone in but Gerry., Just think, I thought they couldn't produce entries. I wish him well.
                      It's always been about the Indy 500!
                      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Saw150
                        We won't mention the letter "f"
                        I thought that was spelled "eff?"
                        It's always been about the Indy 500!
                        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

How did you overlook the paragraph stating that as well as two chassis and an engine lease, the team also expected to receive a two year supply of potato salad??
                          Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

I'm wondering how Vic know what it was about in the first place? It could be a recipe for BBQ'd moose for all we know

Comment

Originally posted by SeeUinMay
                              How did you overlook the paragraph stating that as well as two chassis and an engine lease, the team also expected to receive a two year supply of potato salad??
                              You forgot a tenderloin too!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X