Robin Miller's mother passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Miller's mother passes

My most sincere condalences to Robin Miller on the passing of his mother. Robin wrote the Indystar obituary and he left no doubt that he felt the same way about her as I did my mother. I also feel that he was as fortunate as I to have had parents like the ones he wrote about. Again, my sincere condalences to Robin.

http://www2.indystar.com/cgi-bin/obi...=show&id=88928

Please let me be the second here. I know there's not a lot of Robin fans here, but I'm not one of them.

I've always enjoyed his work and he's a damn fine writer no matter what the subject.

That said, I really do believe the good people here would post nothing but the best for Robin in this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers go to Robin.

Comment

Having been there, it's never easy no matter how old you are or what you've accomplished in life. My condolences to Robin.
      No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

Robin, I do know you read the posts here and I want to pass along my condolences to you and your family.

Peace. Will
        RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

condolences, Robin
          http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4233/kiawp.jpg
          Peters Motorsports Designs
          Web - http://www.petersmotorsports.com
          Twitter- @petersmtrsprts

Comment

That was a VERY well written tribute.

My condolences to the Miller family.
            http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Whether you are a fan of Robin's or not it is still sad when a parent dies.

My condolences.

Comment

I think I speak on behalf of all decent people here when I say that I would like to extend my condolences to the Miller family.

Losing a parent is part of life, but it is never easy. Our prayers are with RM.

Comment

Sorry to hear RM. Our deepest sympathies from the SoDak household.
                  "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

That was a well written tribute by a guy who really knows how important his family has been to him. Just reading it makes me more aware of my own feelings about parents and family. And it really doesn't matter whether you like Robin's work or not. As a long time USAC and IRL employee told me last summer, "Like him or not, Robin's a racer. And he says a lot things that need to be said." Right now that racer has to be hurtin'. Give him your support like you would anyone else who shares our collective passion for racing.

Comment

Converse produced many fine people, my grandparents among them. Take care Robin and thanks for the most interesting obit I have ever read.

Comment

Robin has angered me more than most with his articles over the years, but I never felt like he didn't believe what he was saying. He has always been honest about his love for open wheel racing, and Indycars in general. Robin, I am fortunate enough to still have both of my parents, and I feel for what you must be going through. Don't be afraid to lean on fellow race fans at a time like this. Here's to hoping for the best for you and your loved ones.

Comment

Condolences RM

Comment

God Bless you brother.
                            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Condolences Robin, from Chile.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X