How Indy covered over the creek in turn one for the Moto GP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Indy covered over the creek in turn one for the Moto GP

I have a friend who has gone to the F1 races with us at Indy. He also happens to be a Civil Engineer.
    He sent me this linky thing.
    COOOOL!!!

http://www.contech-cpi.com/bridges/a...tter/Plate/751

Now it won't overflow anymore!
    ZOOOM
    "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
    James Hurtubise, June, 1964

That's very interesting indeed. Any idea what sort of corrosion protection they're providing (if any)? CSPs (steel) typically last 15-20 years in Ontario, but this is aluminum and the salt loading should be considerably lower than Ontario roads would see...
    ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by ZOOOM
      I have a friend who has gone to the F1 races with us at Indy. He also happens to be a Civil Engineer.
      He sent me this linky thing.
      COOOOL!!!

http://www.contech-cpi.com/bridges/a...tter/Plate/751

Now it won't overflow anymore!
      ZOOOM
      WOW

Thats impressive.

Thanks for the info!
      In loving memory of three of the best!

-Scott Brayton
      -Tony Renna
      -Dan Wheldon

Comment

Hlep me out. Which driver parked it in Turn ! and went into the creek to cool off when he retired? Never see that again.
        “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by WheelerDealer
          Hlep me out. Which driver parked it in Turn ! and went into the creek to cool off when he retired? Never see that again.
          if by retired you mean done for that particular race ...

i think that would have gordon johncock. iirc he had a decent lead late in the race when something broke and he just parked it in the grass near the creek. again iirc, AJ won his 4th 500 that day.
          "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
          - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

Comment

So I guess my ashes will flow through that sucker one day.
            "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
            Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
            www.fairtax.org

Comment

When they dug out the creek I wonder if they found a brick or two.

Comment

I was disgusted when they covered the creek. That was part of what made the track special and one-of-a-kind. Whatever...
                i love indycars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                  So I guess my ashes will flow through that sucker one day.
                  Mine too. They will have to trickle down from where the snake pit used to be.
                  It's always been about the Indy 500!
                  I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Especially to Gordon Johncock

Originally posted by iloveindycars
                    I was disgusted when they covered the creek. That was part of what made the track special and one-of-a-kind. Whatever...
                    It's always been about the Indy 500!
                    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Wow

TG isn't afraid to spend $ to do things the right way, thats for sure..:tg
                      "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark

Comment

Originally posted by WheelerDealer
                        IIRC, Gordy did something like that after he blew up while leading in '77. I don't think he went all the way in, just dipped a little "cool-off" water.
                        “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                        I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                        I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X