TV Pre-Race coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Pre-Race coverage

You turn on your Glorious High Definition TV with your 5.1 audio right at the time listed for the broadcast. Will there be 30 minutes or more of pre-race coverage or will we already be on the warm-up laps about to go green with Jack giving us a hurried intro?
    They've got plenty to talk about this year.
    Will they step it up or will it be the same old, same old, with the exception of HD of course, which we all applaud!

It probably depends on the race and how the time slots shake out, just like last year (some races had an extended "countdown to green" and some races didn't). I personally don't care, I get all my information elsewhere and just tune in to watch the race.

Comment

Originally posted by drdisque
      It probably depends on the race and how the time slots shake out, just like last year (some races had an extended "countdown to green" and some races didn't). I personally don't care, I get all my information elsewhere and just tune in to watch the race.
      My pre race will start at 0530 as i sit in j sec 30 row a and watch the sun come up.
      PAY NO MORE.
      Be there or be square.

Comment

Personally I can't stand all the pre-race hype. Post-race interviews are a different story. I like to hear from the winner and a few runner's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellboy
          Personally I can't stand all the pre-race hype. Post-race interviews are a different story. I like to hear from the winner and a few runner's up.
          I like a LITTLE of both, but stick to Driver/crew interviews, no rolling oranges, cheese grater segments.

Comment

15 minutes for any race outside of Indy is more than enough.
            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Just give me the prayer, the song, "Racers start your engines" and then the race. Afterward show me the guy getting the trophy.
              Amazing how nowdays you actually get too much. "Back in the day," it was 16 laps of a 250 miler interspersed with big a$$ Peggy Fleming performing those "daring "single axles.
              My, how times have changed!

Comment

Originally posted by midtown
                15 minutes for any race outside of Indy is more than enough.
                I think you're missing the point.
                Nascar success is (IMHO) largely based on personalities.
                Which are heavily exploited in the pre-race activity, even when folks don't have any personality to start with.
                Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by ClintCurtis
                  big a$$ Peggy Fleming
                  whoa
                  not bad for somebody MY AGE.......
                  Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
                    I think you're missing the point.
                    Nascar success is (IMHO) largely based on personalities.
                    Which are heavily exploited in the pre-race activity, even when folks don't have any personality to start with.
                    I can do without it. How many times can you watch the same drivers mugging for the cameras? NASCAR seemed to grow pretty well before they started 90 minutes of pre-race BS.
                    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

A short intro and then wave the green works for me...

Comment

Id like a 30 minute p/r show with news and info about the track and the history of teams/drivers there. 30 minutes!
                        Oh, and how about a few minutes to recap the race and interview the top 3 or 4 drivers. They've got to give us at LEAST 2 hrs of entertainment. Some of these have been at, or less than 2 hrs.
                        Maybe I shouldn't complain, we've got HD and 25 cars now!! things are good!,,,,,,,,,,,, for now.

Comment

I think F1 on Speed has the best pre-race shows in the business. Those 30 minutes go by surprisingly fast.
                          I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

I don't need a lot of introduction but national anthem and "start your engines" would be nice
                            Grab Bag Sports - Sports News & Analysis Guaranteed to raise your IQ or your money back!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X