Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL/CCWS team parings

found on indycar.com

The present pairings: Andretti Green Racing-Dale Coyne Racing; Target Chip Ganassi Racing-KV Racing; Rahal Letterman Racing-Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing; Vision Racing-Conquest Racing; A.J. Foyt Racing-Pacific Coast Motorsports; Team Penske-Walker Racing; Roth Racing-Team Minardi.
    Looks like Coyne may be able to finally be able to get his first well deserved win in OW racing this year!
    Understeer: you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer: you hit the wall with the back of the car.
    Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Oversteer is when the driver finds his limits. Snap oversteer is when the limits find the driver.

I would be interested to know how much "help" the IndyCar teams are giving the ChampCar teams. I can't believe they would just open up thier data to them and give them everything.

Comment

Originally posted by IRL_ALMSflagger
      found on indycar.com
      Looks like Coyne may be able to finally be able to get his first well deserved win in OW racing this year!
      Bruno on ovals is a good "package," Coyne has given Bruno some good runs in the past year. One thing that is for sure, Dale Coyne Racing is almost a lock to make the Indy 500 this year, and that never could have been said in the past. I enjoyed the few minutes I spent with Dale at Homestead, and every time we crossed paths after that, he had a smile for me. In the past people had told me he was a good guy, I was too split-centric to listen, perhaps we all were.
      It's always been about the Indy 500!
      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

I've had the opportunity to meet him as well. One of my old track teammates works on the team, and he graduated from my H.S. years ago. Needless to say, we had a very insightful conversation! A win from that stable would be well deserved.
        Understeer: you hit the wall with the front of the car.
        Oversteer: you hit the wall with the back of the car.
        Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
        Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Oversteer is when the driver finds his limits. Snap oversteer is when the limits find the driver.

Comment

Dale Coyne may get his first win this year??

Originally posted by IRL_ALMSflagger
          found on indycar.com

What are the odds? 1,000,000 to 1? It's not going to happen this year. Be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by DNS/DNF
            What are the odds? 1,000,000 to 1? It's not going to happen this year. Be patient.
            What are the odds that Blueprint wins Phoenix in 97?

Never say never....
            Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing

Never say never....

...exactly. What were the odds of Al Sr. winning Indy in '87 with a year-old show-car. Or Al Jr. winning the 500 in '92 with that Galmer-tank?
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

The odds of Jim Guthrie/Blueprint were better, way better.

Never say never....
                Blueprint didn't race against the likes of Penske and Ganassi. Sure anything can happen. I was at PIR that day when JG won that race. JG worked that traffic to perfection, and drove an awesome race. That was the highlight of his career in the IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan
                  ...exactly. What were the odds of Al Sr. winning Indy in '87 with a year-old show-car. Or Al Jr. winning the 500 in '92 with that Galmer-tank?
                  To me the odds of Al Sr. winning in the show car were much greater than the win of Al Jr. . . . Sr. was driving a Penske prepared chassis and knew how to win.

In the case of the Galmer, it truly was a dog on the ovals (remember it won a street parade). The incredible amount of attrition in '92 opened the door for that victory, but Jr. did some of the most incredible driving I've ever seen at the end of that one, holding off Goodyear (who drove just as well starting last).
                  www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

or the odds of mario winning in a hawk backup after crashing his lola?

Comment

Never say never....
                      Even as a Tony Stewart fan, I enjoyed that one.
                      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by ndcrs
                        or the odds of mario winning in a hawk backup after crashing his lola?
                        Thought it was a Lotus he crashed?
                        Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Thought it was a Lotus he crashed?
                          It was.
                          Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Seems Rocketsports is not listed.

Comment

Seems Rocketsports is not listed.
                              Not particularly a surprise.
                              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X