Do you think Tony Stewart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Tony Stewart...

Do you guys think Tony Stewart will every try ICS again? I know the gossip is that he isn't resigning with Gibbs because he wants a chevy but is it possible, even remotely, that he would like to get that 500 win? (the real 500 that is) And, if he would, would his physical size be a disadvantage in a Dallara?
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark

Originally posted by Corvette Jack
    Do you guys think Tony Stewart will every try ICS again? I know the gossip is that he isn't resigning with Gibbs because he wants a chevy but is it possible, even remotely, that he would like to get that 500 win? (the real 500 that is) And, if he would, would his physical size be a disadvantage in a Dallara?
    Honestly, I no longer care..
    Would rather see people committed to a full Indycar series, not NASCAR one-offs...
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

I don't think we'll ever see him as a full time driver, but I could see him one day owning a team that also runs in the ICS.

Comment

I'm sure of it. No question about it. My thoughts: He has his nest egg, He's not to old, and he Loves the 500. And Now that we're all together? You Betcha

Comment

I hope he doesn't.

Comment

Smoke, is as good as gone, from Nascar.

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
              Honestly, I no longer care..
              Would rather see people committed to a full Indycar series, not NASCAR one-offs...

...I share that attitude.

As much as I like Tony and wish that he would at the very least do the '500' if not the whole schedule, I don't realistically believe we'll ever see him racing in an Indycar again.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I think Tony is stringing out his contract as long as he can to get the most value and keep his options open. Tony "gives back" a lot, and that is costly. He has a lot of toys, if I was in his position I would have more, if possible. I don't think Tony cares if he is with Chevy or Toyota, both can support his "other" racing and win. Don't forget Tony's buddy is now running Chrysler, so Dodge is probably in the mix as well. Yes, I think once Tony is done chasing NASCAR championships he will return to the Indy 500, and win it. From time to time Tony is unhappy running in NASCAR, he was the same way in the IRL, he isn't built to be happy all the time, and probably doesn't like to be told what he can and can't do. That doesn't make him bad, it makes him different. My racing mentor Eddie Flemke would hardly ever do something you told him he had to do, but if you asked him to do something, if it was at all possible, he would. I think Tony is a lot like that, and I used to know him a little, I do know his father.
                It's always been about the Indy 500!
                I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

I don't think Tony will ever race at Indy in May again.

I think he'll regret it someday but it will be too late.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
                    I don't think Tony will ever race at Indy in May again.

I think he'll regret it someday but it will be too late.
                    And I will no not shed a tear at Tony's (or Jeff Gordon for that matter, remorse)

They chose $$(nothing wrong with that) over their souls...
                    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

He's too fat now to get into the cars and his mullet would cause too much drag flapping in the wind.

Comment

Tony's gut is no bigger than Milka's and she fit in the car just fine.

So what if he did a ONE OFF. No one complained when John Andretti did it last year.

This is the same discussion that comes up every year. Would I like to see it happen, hell ya, but I'll believe it when I see it...then again, there were folks out there that claimed that it'd be a cold day in hell when KK shook TG's hand and came back ended the split.

...was that a pig I just saw go by?

Comment

yes, very fat indeed. And scruffy looking. Seems he could afford a $20 haricut and a personal trainer now but I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvette Jack

I think Tony is working on acheiving the same figure as his childhood idol AJ. He's about 1/2 way there....

Comment

Originally posted by speedy badger
                              I think Tony is working on acheiving the same figure as his childhood idol AJ. He's about 1/2 way there....
                              AJ has always looked tough and stout though. Tony just looks like a slob.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X