This is "JEOPARDY"!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is "JEOPARDY"!!

I caught the last part of a 500 Question on the program and "I think" it went like this:

George Robson won the race in 1946 with 1 of only 2 winning cars that had 6 of these?

Well the answer for many of us is pretty easy, but can anyone name the year and driver of the other car?-I am curious to know.

Must be cylinders. Ray Harroun in 1911 with the Wasp would be the other.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
      Thanx for the answer.

Comment

Associate sponsors?

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
          What are cylinders?

Who is Ray Harroun?

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
            What are cylinders?

Who is Ray Harroun?
            Pretty sure Ray is Paul Tracy's cousin...or brother-in-law...something like that. I met him once in the paddock at Long Beach. Nice guy.
            http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
              What are cylinders?

Who is Ray Harroun?
              A+ for putting it in the form of a question, as per Jeopardy convention.
              "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by 9rows
                Pretty sure Ray is Paul Tracy's cousin...or brother-in-law...something like that. I met him once in the paddock at Long Beach. Nice guy.
                I have a customer, currently called up to active duty in Afghanistan, who is Ray Harroun's great-great nephew (is that how you say that?). Same last name. I've told him he has a standing invite to Camp and Brew. -cap
                "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak_IndyFan
                  I have a customer, currently called up to active duty in Afghanistan, who is Ray Harroun's great-great nephew (is that how you say that?). Same last name. I've told him he has a standing invite to Camp and Brew. -cap
                  Does he get royalties for the rearview mirror?
                  "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                  Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                  www.fairtax.org

Comment

There were cars in the '40's with six wheels, also. They didn't win the Race or even do too well, however.
                    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy
                      There were cars in the '40's with six wheels, also. They didn't win the Race or even do too well, however.
                      Yeah, that was the first thing that popped into my head.
                      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Sarah Fisher was a question on Jeorpardy awhile back...I think it was something like, Who was the youngest female to compete in the Indianapolis 500...
                        Lyn
                        Janet
                        Sarah
                        Shawna

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X