Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Should Clear Up The XM Questions

XM's Exclusive Satellite Radio Broadcasts Include St. Petersburg Race

XM Satellite Radio, the nation's leading satellite radio service, will carry the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg as part of the network's coverage of the IndyCar Series' 2008 season. The race will be broadcast live on XM's IndyCar Series Racing channel (XM 145) on Sunday, April 6. The entire 2008 IndyCar Series racing season will be broadcast live and nationwide on XM.
    Motorsports fans will be able to hear pre-race programming, including interviews and commentary, as well as live wheel-to-wheel action on the track.

XM and Andretti Green Racing, featuring Indy drivers Danica Patrick and Tony Kanaan as well as team co-owner and open wheel racing legend Michael Andretti, will launch the second season of "The Andretti Green Racing Hour," a one-hour show airing exclusively on XM. The show will begin airing in its weekly time slot March 25 at 7 p.m. ET on XM Sports Nation (XMSN), channel 144, during the IndyCar Series season.

I said this 8 weeks ago and was bashed by then-CCWS fans. All they had to do was call XM.

My how things have changed since 8 weeks ago.

Comment

"But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
      the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
      -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

More from XM

XM is a major associate sponsor of Andretti Green Racing's No. 7 Honda-powered Dallara driven by Danica Patrick, 2005’s Indianapolis 500 Rookie of the Year. The AGR team, featuring IndyCar Series drivers Danica Patrick, Marco Andretti and Tony Kanaan as well as team co-owner and open wheel racing legend Michael Andretti, will launch the second season of "The Andretti Green Racing Hour," a one-hour show airing exclusively on XM. The show will begin airing in its weekly time slot March 25 at 7 p.m. ET on XM Sports Nation (XMSN), channel 144.

"XM is committed to bringing fans the full experience of open-wheel racing, from the prep in the pits to the wheel-to-wheel action on the track," said Kevin Straley, XM senior vice president of news, talk, and sports programming. "This is an especially exciting year for IRL as it joins forces with Champ Car, and fans across the country can hear all the races on XM."

"Being the leaders in open-wheel racing and satellite radio respectively, the IndyCar Series and XM Satellite Radio form a natural partnership," said John Lewis, vice president for marketing and league development, Indy Racing League. "XM provides satellite radio listeners with a behind-the-scenes look at every race, and the best in coverage from the track."

Comment

This reminds me....re-up with XM for 3 years...bill due next week. ICS and MLB are the only real reasons I have the network.

Being associated with open wheel racing for XM is like buying a stock at $1.50 and with unification the P/E ratio just went from $3.00 to $30.00. The potential for growth on Ch. 145 is enormous considering the shows and podcasts popping up from IndyCar.com and open wheel affiliated websites. Not to mention the archives of IMS radio and CART's vaults (that they are merging into one as we speak).

Wouldn't it be nice to happen upon the 1972 Indianapolis 500 in full broadcast including old commercials, listen to the Mike King Show, the repeat of Open Wheel Wednesday with Powershift, get the show from Kelly's Bar on 10th Street that is local to Indy, then ease into the replay of the CART Grand Prix of Long Beach from 1987? Of course, Robin Miller and Dave "The King" Wilson would have original programs, as well.

I'd love to run that channel!

I am geeked for 2008. We are at the cusp of greatness. I am assembling the new smoker and planning ribs for the evening of 3/29 with garlic mash potatoes and checkered flag pie!

Comment

I thought we were told by the resident 'experts' here that they were out out the ICS completely????
            www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkDonohueFan
              This reminds me....re-up with XM for 3 years...bill due next week. ICS and MLB are the only real reasons I have the network.

Being associated with open wheel racing for XM is like buying a stock at $1.50 and with unification the P/E ratio just went from $3.00 to $30.00. The potential for growth on Ch. 145 is enormous considering the shows and podcasts popping up from IndyCar.com and open wheel affiliated websites. Not to mention the archives of IMS radio and CART's vaults (that they are merging into one as we speak).

Wouldn't it be nice to happen upon the 1972 Indianapolis 500 in full broadcast including old commercials, listen to the Mike King Show, the repeat of Open Wheel Wednesday with Powershift, get the show from Kelly's Bar on 10th Street that is local to Indy, then ease into the replay of the CART Grand Prix of Long Beach from 1987? Of course, Robin Miller and Dave "The King" Wilson would have original programs, as well.

I am geeked for 2008. We are at the cusp of greatness. I am assembling the new smoker and planning ribs for the evening of 3/29 with garlic mash potatoes and checkered flag pie!

Sounds like a good menu!! I'll be having track food!!!!
              www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by badart
                I thought we were told by the resident 'experts' here that they were out out the ICS completely????
                No. I believe I initiated the thread on this subject, and was confused.

There were many people like me, Indycar fans and XM subscribers that found it depressing that the IRL channel was killed and all mention of the IRL was removed from xmradio.com. I am very happy that the IRL is back on XM.
                "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoBandini
                  No. I believe I initiated the thread on this subject, and was confused.

There were many people like me, Indycar fans and XM subscribers that found it depressing that the IRL channel was killed and all mention of the IRL was removed from xmradio.com. I am very happy that the IRL is back on XM.
                  You asked the question. The 'experts' chimed in.

I wasn't calling you out at all.
                  www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkDonohueFan

I have had XM pretty much from the start. Having the IRL is a plus. Not to mention ACC sports.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X