IMS Audio Video Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMS Audio Video Department

Think of it, a office much like the photo shop, walk in and order a dvd of any abc broadcast from 1965 till now, or any radio broadcast ever. It can be done and very cost effective. Why would'nt they?

And if anyone from IMS or a fellow poster with pull or know on the inside, can pass this idea on, we would all be very happy fans!

Larry

Originally posted by Larrymgs
    Think of it, a office much like the photo shop, walk in and order a dvd of any abc broadcast from 1965 till now, or any radio broadcast ever. It can be done and very cost effective. Why would'nt they?
    Because typically, IMS and IndyCar are about five years behind the curve on stuff like this.

Comment

Thing is, I believe the broadcasts are owned by ABC. IMS is able to sell highlight tapes/dvds, which they do. I would have to believe that the market for some of the older races is pretty small though, which is probably why you don't see them.

I think the real promise is in online distribution via Joost or similar services. It costs very little to make something available that way compared to producing tapes or dvds. Perhaps we'll see more in the future.
      Paul Woods
      IndyCar Buzz | 500 Miles to Go

Comment

Any one have an idea why I can not get the new Timing and scoring to work? I down loaded the player.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa500fan
          Any one have an idea why I can not get the new Timing and scoring to work? I down loaded the player.
          try this: http://mobile.irlfanatic.com
          Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
          Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

Originally posted by flyingpylon
            Thing is, I believe the broadcasts are owned by ABC. IMS is able to sell highlight tapes/dvds, which they do. I would have to believe that the market for some of the older races is pretty small though, which is probably why you don't see them.
            I get the impression that the market for the IMS Productions highlight DVDs is small as well. Lately they've been real good, but heck, they give a FREE one to everyone who renews online. Plus they rerun it over and over and over on the IMS Video boards all month, so if you're there for a few hours, you've seen everything there is to see, and it's no longer "fresh" material.

However, the current landscape of TV-shows-to-DVD has exploded. Shows we forgot about 20 years ago are being surfaced on DVD, long after their syndication days died. Plenty of other sports have released "full" original broadcasts of famous games.
            Doctorindy.com

Comment

[Plenty of other sports have released "full" original broadcasts of famous games.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, DoctorIndy; and with it just being focused on the 500, I can't see any reason not to do it.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Fueler
                Because typically, IMS and IndyCar are about five years behind the curve on stuff like this.
                Does that mean I could get it on beta there?

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
                -John Morley

Comment

I'm in the market for the 1911 race. Can anybody help me out?
                  "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                  Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                  www.fairtax.org

Comment

Very limited offering, but you can get the following off of iTunes...:

Listed under "TV Shows"/"ESPN"... $1.99 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Larrymgs

And if anyone from IMS or a fellow poster with pull or know on the inside, can pass this idea on, we would all be very happy fans!

Larry
                      Yeah, if only IMS had an audio/video department...oh yeah, it's called IMS Productions. They sell what they can and what will make money...every ABC broadcast isn't IMS property, it's ABC property. Tape the races, trade with other fans, etc., there are plenty of traders out there.

You can buy highlight DVDs every year direct from IMS, and you can find old ones used, on eBay, etc. Radio broadcast would be easier, through the IMS Radio Network, but who knows if it would be cost-effective to produce and sell.

More and more of this material will become available on-demand in the future as the internet/iTunes/Joost/etc libraries grow. It costs very little to offer this material online (no packaging, distribution, etc.) so there's very little risk involved.

Comment

I would love to have DVDs of the full-length Indy 500 TV race broadcasts.

If they could add some video highlights of the qualifying days from that year, that would be even better.

That is a collection I would actually finish.
                        http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                          I'm in the market for the 1911 race. Can anybody help me out?

there is 11 minutes of footage available. Also an indianapolis based company has many of the races on dvd although i think they are mainly non-broadcast footage obtained from race-goers. i will try to find the name and post a link.

Comment

I'd buy proper highlights dvds of past seasons, especially if they were done properly like the F1 dvds, a good 3-4 hours of material. The stuff that's been on Joost is okay, but it is too short. 30-40 mins for season highlights is almost useless.
                            Memories of Indy 2012:
                            ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
                            Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Comment

Originally posted by JBaiza
                              Does that mean I could get it on beta there?

Actually, the last time I was at the Indy Gift Shop, they were clearing out the VHS race highlight tapes.

I got some good deals.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X