No announcement yet.

So there ain't but one series now, eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there ain't but one series now, eh?

Hi folks, sort of new here. Tried to post before but sign on only worked a couple of times so will try it again.

No fancy intro speech or classy theories but have followed OW racing for a whole bunch of years and am glad they finally decided to take it serious again. I followed the top guys through the CART years and watched OW come apart with the emergance of the IRL. Sort of hung around through the rinky dink CCWS and early IRL years and was happy to see the better teams start to drift back towards running at Indy. Seems they have done pretty well for the past seven years so it must have been the right move.

Most importantly, with one series we can put a whole lot behind us and everyone is seeing the best we can field at the same time. A whole lot of talent went away or detoured during the past few years. We can not make that up but can only hope this new arrangement can regain the credibility of Indy to the point we just can't accomodate all comers. Be a pretty good trick to see the Emmo's, Nigel's, JV's and JPM's think enough of it to return.

Looking through the messages it looks like people are still divided on most of the same issues and side with CART or IRL. I am sort of a traditionalist in ways and appreciate the skill of an accomplished road racing driver that can take on any track and do well. I like the podiums that go along with it and believe it to be a good step up in this revamped series. Glad to see a solid mix of venues and will miss Michigan the most as some of the best racing on the planet was done there.

Anyway, HI all, and I hope we get to see all the CC and IRL guys in one huddle this upcoming season and that each of our favorites gets to be out front at some time.
    Ole Merrick

Welcome!

Comment

welcome merrick.....I hope you're just one of a long line of INDYCar fans returning to the fold.......
      the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by ovalfan01
        Welcome!
        Thx!
        Ole Merrick

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan
          welcome merrick.....I hope you're just one of a long line of INDYCar fans returning to the fold.......
          Never left the fold. I call it OW as Indycar only pertains to a part of the OW racing world. Was just somewhat disappointed in the path (s) it took sometimes recently here in the states. Have a soft spot for F1 too even while we all know the politics, etc. there that keep a damper on things. Occaisionally we do get to see a move made by a master but of course there are far too few now days.

I see this merger as a chance to add to the talent we have here in the IRL. The first season will be a time of adjustment for some but look for good racing.
          Ole Merrick

Comment

Welcome......pull up a seat...........
            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Merrick, are you from Canada? Good to have you here. This is a fun place, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Walldozer
                Merrick, are you from Canada? Good to have you here. This is a fun place, eh.
                My first thought, too. Can't get those darn McKenzie brothers out of my head.
                "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Now fellows I sure hope you aren't going to lynch him. There are some pretty good dudes live up thata way.
                  Dale Manus

Comment

Nope, Yank all the way. I have business associates, family and friends in Canada but never got around to drawing any lines. Hope PT lands a good ride in this new fangled IRL and drags that JV along with him. They just ain't NASCAR fodder.

Saw the mario4ever handle and must say "The" Mario kept me interested in OW racing over the years through thick and thin. He is still has an active speaking part throughout much of the racing world and is often asked to contribute to some rather nice publications. Not sure what his impact was on this merger thing but know he was doing a lot of behind the scenes politicing.
                    Ole Merrick

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                      Welcome......pull up a seat...........
                      Thanks, I will give it a shot....
                      Ole Merrick

Comment

Originally posted by merrick
                        Mario kept me interested in OW racing over the years through thick and thin...
                        Uh oh...this will get you in a lot of heat with many members here. A lot of them aren't "Andretti friendly" if you know what I mean.

But I will say "Welcome." It is good to have you on board!!!
                        "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Hi folks, sort of new here.

No fancy intro speech or classy theories but have followed OW racing for a whole bunch of years and am glad they finally decided to take it serious again. I followed the top guys through the CART years and watched OW come apart with the emergance of the IRL. Sort of hung around through the rinky dink CCWS and early IRL years and was happy to see the better teams start to drift back towards running at Indy. Seems they have done pretty well for the past seven years so it must have been the right move.

Most importantly, with one series we can put a whole lot behind us and everyone is seeing the best we can field at the same time. A whole lot of talent went away or detoured during the past few years. We can not make that up but can only hope this new arrangement can regain the credibility of Indy to the point we just can't accomodate all comers. Be a pretty good trick to see the Emmo's, Nigel's, JV's and JPM's think enough of it to return.

Looking through the messages it looks like people are still divided on most of the same issues and side with CART or IRL.

I am sort of a traditionalist .

I really don't view Emmo, Nigel, JV, JPM etc as traditional...

The last 12 years have been very serious to tradionalists...not so much to the sporty car invaders.

So much for no fancy theories...all we need are turbos and use the ubercar DP01...F1 rejects and wannabes...and real natural terrain road courses...and those 250,000 fan 3 day festivals...and we could get some of the old euro F1 tacks they never use anymore... yeah that'd be cool.

Not much fun on those traditional cc forums these days eh merrick?

oh, and welcome

Comment

Hi folks, sort of new here. Tried to post before but sign on only worked a couple of times so will try it again.

No fancy intro speech or classy theories but have followed OW racing for a whole bunch of years and am glad they finally decided to take it serious again.

Indy Car is the proper nomenclature........dude
                            "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Wrong forum
                              Dale Manus

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X