Why no news from IndyCar.com or the IRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no news from IndyCar.com or the IRL

I realize that this is a very busy time for the IndyCar Series but I don't understand why there is no news coming out of the marketing side of the business. Several teams and drivers have been added to the webpage so I would guess that there is some official notice by teams that they have joined the league. Why not promote this? Hope this is not an indication that the IRL marketing will remain asleep at the wheel............

I just think a simple announcement or two by the league if/when new teams join the league would be simple and give the IRL some continued positive coverage. Just about every racing website was happy to cover the story of GF not joining and shutting down operations leaving PT without a ride. This is really the last story with any headlines. Not good marketing to let that story hang out there IMO.

Comment

The old

we need good publicity all year long

The league needs to find some way of continually generating some kind of announcements, no matter how trivial to make Indycar something that people notice constantly. Is it May yet? isn't getting the word out.

Yahoo has various sections that you put on your My yahoo page that provide links to the newest stories on those subjects among them for sports are NASCAR, Champ car and IRL. There are constantly new NASCAR stories, no CC stories for the past 5 days and the only IRL story in the past five days (that's since the merger announcement) is today a generic AP story with the schedule, Surfer's and Edmonton listed at the end as TBD and the 2007 point standings. It's nothing but it kameks the series look active and like it's doing something.

That's one example of how to get people's atention on a regular basis so they don't forget about it and move on to something else. They don't have to all be major $200 million sponsorships, just something, little stories to keep the IndyCar name in the news cycle as often as possible. Make people more aware that Indycar is there, keep it in front of them and on their mind so it sticks. The idea is to promote the series, you don't have to have an annoucement to brag about, just keep promoting the series.
      "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
      "They're criminals"
      "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
        That's one example of how to get people's atention on a regular basis so they don't forget about it and move on to something else. They don't have to all be major $200 million sponsorships, just something, little stories to keep the IndyCar name in the news cycle as often as possible. Make people more aware that Indycar is there, keep it in front of them and on their mind so it sticks. The idea is to promote the series, you don't have to have an annoucement to brag about, just keep promoting the series.
        Absolutely! I will second this.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
          The old

The league needs to find some way of continually generating some kind of announcements, no matter how trivial to make Indycar something that people notice constantly. Is it May yet? isn't getting the word out.

Yahoo has various sections that you put on your My yahoo page that provide links to the newest stories on those subjects among them for sports are NASCAR, Champ car and IRL. There are constantly new NASCAR stories, no CC stories for the past 5 days and the only IRL story in the past five days (that's since the merger announcement) is today a generic AP story with the schedule, Surfer's and Edmonton listed at the end as TBD and the 2007 point standings. It's nothing but it kameks the series look active and like it's doing something.

Here's the problem. Whenever the Indycar series announces something that isn't bi a ton of people here complain that it's not big enough.
          Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman
            Here's the problem. Whenever the Indycar series announces something that isn't big a ton of people here complain that it's not big enough.
            The opinions of posters here should have no impact on basic marketing and public relations practices. Of course, there is little evidence of either having any impact at either the Speedway or IndyCar.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
              The old

my sediments exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
                The old

Yes, I agree with this too. Well put

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X